Sepsis after prostate biopsy .

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 58 subscribers

My husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer last August.his Gleason score is 6.we were told it’s slow growing.he had to have another biopsy last Monday.the biopsy was hard for him and he lost a lot of blood afterwards.he was told he was fit to go home but he got very unwell a few days later and collapsed.it took me a while to get to come round.we got the dr and then we were sent to accident and emergency.we got in quickly and he was diagnosed with sepsis.iv fluids and iv antibiotics to follow.he was left home after 5 days but had a turn st home the next day I actually thought he was having a stroke he had a bad pain in his head and his blood pressure was high he was confused and not focusing on me while I was talking to him .we got the ambulance and went to hospital again to be sent home with a higher dose of the antibiotics.i am so worried about home . Can anyone give me a little advice.

• Hello and welcome to the community, although sorry to hear you husband had a bad reaction to his biopsy. I notice you have joined the prostate group. If you start a new discussion in the group with your question, you should get some help and advice from the guys with experience of this. You may also like to post in the Ask a Nurse  section where you will get an expert opinion. I hope all goes well. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to rily

Thank you rily.i will do that .he is a little better to day but very tired .best wishes.