• 3 replies
  • 57 subscribers

Good evening.

I am a new member and I am finding myself around the discussion/community forum and wish to ask for a little guidance and/or point me in the right direction, please.

I haven't had the need to join a page such as this before so I'm a little green so to speak and a little lost. Also, please be patient in any replies as I am not all that quick to type.

Any help would be most welcome and appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am so sorry to see the circumstance that brought you here.

I am Mike Thehighlander and I help out on the Community. I have had a look at your profile and you are having such a dreadful medical time and now Lymphoma.

This is link to our Lymphoma information pages - just click on the green text

You don't say what exact type of Lymphoma you have been diagnosed with as there are over 80 various types and with in mind we do not have a forum for every type.

But I have given you links to our main Lymphoma Forums where you will be able to connect with people who understand the journey you are on.

Hodgkin's Lymphoma Forum

General Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma Forum

Follicular Lymphoma

Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma

Mantel Cell Lymphoma

T-Cell Lymphoma

To join the group(s) just hit the green text above and join the group(s) then hit the 'Start a Discussion' tab and introduce yourself to the group and remember to go to the right on the group home page and select how you want to receive email notifications when someone answers your posts.

You may also find our various Macmillan Support Line Services on 0808 808 00 00 to be helpful as you can talk to a friendly person that can help in lots of ways.

You will see from my profile  I was diagnosed with T-Cell Lymphoma over 20 years ago and I am still around to help.

Keep asking your questions and if you know the type of Lymphoma you have please join the group.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hello  Thehighlander, Thank you for your welcomed response and accept my apologies for the specific type of Lymphoma I may have.

There are a number of complex medical issues as you have already read but the main issue I have is that I have C'O.P.D with the onset of emphysema and we have been told that to do a Biopsy on the first lump found in my throat/neck area is a risky move because of that and of course, with an enlarged heart also doesn't do me favours either. So, for them to safely do a biopsy now is to take it from another area should they find more anywhere else but need to do another MRI from the waist down this time so they can see how best to treat or deal with it the best way they can. My clinician team are approaching it all with extream caution as there are others in the chest area also from previous scans in 2017/18. Being confined to bed is also a problem so as yet, we don't know exactly what type it is and at what stage.

Regards.

Gme-70
  • Hi again , its a hard time for you and I can totally understand the care that your team are taking to look to take this all in a positive direction. 

You will know that the diagnosis and staging of Lymphoma is all to do with getting a clear biopsy and resulting pathology results. So lets hope your team can get this done and a plan can be put in place.

The staging of Lymphoma actually does not take on the same meaning like in solid tumour cancers, but the stage will direct your team in looking to the best treatment available but at the same time taking your complex medical issues into consideration.

Keep posting on this thread and we will be around to help out as best as we can. 

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge