Found breast lump

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 57 subscribers

Hi I’m new to this site

I’m 45 & while having a shower a couple of weeks ago I found a lump in my left breast it feels tender when touched. I went to the doctors today she said the lump was firm but had some movement but I could tell by her face it wasn’t good. she has referred me to a breast clinic. My head is all over the place.

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community but I am always sorry to see you having to finding us.

This is such a hard and confusing time for you and the rest of the family but talking with people on the same path can help a lot. 

My cancer journey was rather different but if you follow this LINK to our Breast Cancer Forum and this LINK to our Breast Cancer for the under-50s you will be able to connect with people who understand the path you are on and can give you some help.

Just join the group and hit the 'Start a Discussion' tab and introduce yourself to the group. 

You may also find our various Macmillan Support Line Services on 0808 808 00 00 helpful as you can talk to a friendly person that can help in various ways.

It would be really useful if you could put something into your profile as this does help others when replying to you or for those looking for support and information as they can read a bit about your journey so far.

Just click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile' under the 'Profile Settings'. If you're not sure what sort of thing to put just click on my username, Thehighlander to read my profile but my cancer journey was rather long.

All the best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Sally,

I went through this when I was 49. I found my lump after a shower, noticed it while in front of mirror.

In my area at the time there was a one stop clinic. Lump aspirated in the morning, results same day. Within hospital two weeks later for lumpectomy had a grade 3 lump. Luckily no cancer in lymph nodes.

I only had radiotherapy, then 5 years of tamoxifen.

This was over 20 years ago!

Scilly