Whipple s

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Hello can anyone help with any advice on what els I need to do to help my partner get well,he hasn't been well for a while he has just had an operation to have his bladder shaved as doctors told him he has bladder cancer also he is  due a Whipple operation very soon i hope as he is in constant pain is anyone else going by through this 

• Hello  and welcome to the community, although sorry to hear of your partner. I am from the bladder group. The operation your partner has had is called a TURBT (trans urethral resection of bladder tumour) . A biopsy will be taken and the results determine if any further treatment is needed. Be aware bladder cancer can be treated successfully. A Whipple operation s not generally associated with bladder cancer. I notice you have posted in the ask a nurse section, so I am sure you will get some professional advice there when the nurses pick up your post. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to rily

Thank you for getting back to me my partner was diagnosed with bladder cancer also a tumour was found hey have told us he will need a Whipple operation if they think he is well enough he has lost a lot of weight and is on creon to help can you tell me how serious Whipple operation is please??? I couldn't ask the doctor when my partner was there as I don't want him to be worried thank you

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to rily

Thank you for getting back to me my partner was diagnosed with bladder cancer also a tumour was found hey have told us he will need a Whipple operation if they think he is well enough he has lost a lot of weight and is on creon to help can you tell me how serious Whipple operation is please??? I couldn't ask the doctor when my partner was there as I don't want him to be worried thank you

• Hi . Just in case you may have missed it, you have had a reply by one of the nurses if you click HERE . Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?