Fiance has advanced prostate cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 60 subscribers

Hi all

My fiance was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer in January this year. He has secondaries in his bones, lungs, liver and lymphs. Hormone therapy started straight away and he has also had radiotherapy and started chemo. Initial shock has worn off and we are devasted - looking for advice and support 

• Hi and welcome to the community, although I am sorry to hear about your fiancé. Many of us will know how much of a shock any cancer diagnosis is. Good to know treatment has started and you have something positive to focus on. Could I suggest you join the Family and Friends Group . There you will find others with loved ones affected by cancer and where you will get advice and support from others who understand. If you have any questions regarding the treatment, you may like to post in the Prostate Group where the members will have experience of this. Click the highlighted links to get to the groups. I hope all goes well. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

Having a cancer diagnosis is devastating for both the person with the cancer and their family so I'm glad that you've reached out here for support.

Could I suggest that you join the prostate cancer group where you can ask questions around treatment and others experiences with this cancer. Another group that I'd suggest is the carers group where you can discuss your worries and get support. 

To join these groups just click on the links I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the pages that open. You can then respond to existing posts by selecting 'reply' and start your own by selecting 'start a discussion'.

We do also have groups for secondary bone, lung and liver which you could also join if you wanted to. I can either provide you with the links or you can search for them by selecting 'Groups', at the top of the page, followed by 'cancer types'.

When you have a minute it would be really useful if could pop something about your fiance's journey so far into your profile, as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Sending a virtual ((hug))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"