Transgender Man with Breast Cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 60 subscribers

I recently had a bilateral mastectomy and the results from the biopsy indicated I had a grade 2 invasive ducal lump 1.4 cm across that was oestrogen positive and ER negative well within surgical margins. I have no idea what this all means and consequently am scared witless. Any help in understanding this would be appreciated.

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

Like you I have no idea what your results indicate so can I suggest you join the breast cancer group where there are lots of people who can answer questions and give you support. You may also like to visit The LGBT Lounge where you can chat to others who are coping with different types of cancer.

To join either or both of these groups just click on the links I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the pages that opens. You can then respond to existing posts by clicking on 'reply' and start your own by selecting 'start a discussion'. 

When you have a minute it would be really useful if could pop something about your journey so far into your profile, as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear rto, this is not my area of knowledge but after reading your profile I wanted to welcome you to the forum, it's must be a very challenging time for you from a emotional and physical perspective as you have been through a great deal over recent years and this situation is yet another big challenge for you. I am sure you will find a friendly listening ear here in the forum, I have blood cancer so I can only help from the emotional standpoint.

best wishes