Skin Cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 58 subscribers

Hi everyone 

i had a BCC removed from my leg last year . I now have been diagnosed with Solar keratosis on chest and given Solaraze to start with . Then a patch appeared on my upper lip which I was also told to treat . It’s not really improved and in last 2 weeks have developed second patch on lip so am now on Efudix twice daily on chest and lip . Am now terrified this is just the beginning. Has anyone else had good results from Efudix on the lip area ? After reading so much I am so scared this could be SCC . Doctor wants to see me in a week so am trying to be patient and keep using the Efudix 

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear that after having had a BCC removed from your leg last year you have two patches of solar keratosis to deal with now. I do understand how you feel about this as after having being diagnosed with malignant melanoma two and a half years ago I have just had a solar keratosis removed by cryotherapy from my chest.

I have not used Efudix but I see that you have joined the skin cancer group and I'm sure if you post your introduction from here into a new post there, those who have used Efudix will be along to answer your question. Clicking on the link I've created will take you back to the skin cancer group. Then select 'start a discussion' and copy and paste your introduction from here to save typing it out again.

When you have a minute it would be really useful if could pop something about your journey so far into your profile, as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

I'll watch out for you in the skin cancer group.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"