CHOP side effects

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Hi, Just joined this community. Diagnosed WITH AITL and just received my second dose of CHOP. Tolerated first dose very well and wanted to know if the side effects are likely to get worse or better with each successive dose. 

Started to lose my hair rapidly on day 17 of first round of Chemo and suggestion of periferal nerve damage starting in toes. 

Would like to hear of anyone's experiences with CHOP and especially any experience with AITL.

• Hi and a warm welcome to the online community

Glad to hear that you've tolerated your first dose of CHOP well. As I don't have any experience with this type of cancer and treatment could I suggest that you join the T-cell lymphomas group where you can ask questions and get support from others who have this type of lymphoma.

When you have a minute could you pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

I hope you continue to tolerate the treatment.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thanks latchbrook for your welcome and advice. Thought T cell group might be too small and restrict responses which is why I did not go to it straight away. Rogerh

• You are right that the T-cell group is a small group . I'll tag my friend into this reply as he looks after the lymphoma groups and he might have a better suggestion for you. However, I know he's a keen rugby union fan so he might be watching the games this afternoon and not reply straight away.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi and a second welcome to the Community please follow the link to the T-Cell Lymphoma Forum and introduce yourself to the group. There are various types of T-Cell and I have lived 20 years with my CTCL and you can have a look at my story by hitting my name .

I had a slightly different chemo but much the same as CHOP and yes hair went 7 days after my first cycle. PN is an unfortunate side effect but keeping your feet exercised and even massaging them can make a difference but I will speak more over in the T-Cell Forum.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Thanks highlander, it will take me a while to find my way round this site but I have had a good welcome and see there are other responses to.