travel & chemo

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 60 subscribers

Hi all  to cut a long story short last week i was diagnosed with stage 2 bc,my consultant favoured surgey first,my oncologist wants chemo first because i am her2 receptive,my question is,is it safe to fly after just one round of chemo ? Scheduled 22nd march and i fly on the 10th to spain for 5 days,she said it wasnt the travel that she was worried about but risk of infection,any advice greatly  appreciated x

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community although I'm sorry you've had to find us.

I haven't had breast cancer or chemotherapy so can't answer your question but could I suggest that you join the breast cancer group where you'll find lots of people with the right experiences.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens.You could then copy and paste your introduction from here into a new post there by selecting 'start a discussion'.

If you do decide still to travel don't forget to advise your travel insurer of your diagnosis or you might find you're not covered if you need to claim. We have a travel insurance group too if you want to see who'll provide reasonably priced travel insurance after a cancer diagnosis in future. To join just follow the same instructions as for joining the breast cancer group.

When you have a minute could you pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • Sorry, I forgot to add that your consultant will need to mark your records that you're fit to travel otherwise again the travel insurers may not pay out if you claim.

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"