Teenager cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Hiya my daughter is 13 and has just been told she has liver cancer  and a very rear one and 2 weeks ago underwent part liver removal. But they want to do chemo 4 cycles next week and I know nothing about this how this effects our little princess the treatments are Doxorubicin and Cisplatin any advise would be great this was a huge shock please any advise thank you xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi and welcome to the Mac Community and I am so sorry to hear about your daughter, 13 years old and to be inflicted with this horrible disease is so unfair but I'm glad you've reached out to us and I hope we can give you some help and support. Unfortunately we don't have a section for teenagers and I can only point you to the following our Liver cancer forum Group if you care to click on the green text above this will take you to the groups home page and if you click on join this group then start a discussion you can then post questions to the other members. The members of this group are all very friendly and supportive towards each other and I am sure you'll start to get answers to the many questions that are rolling around in your head at this moment. Please remember that on this forum no question is every thought as being silly or daft every question is valid no matter how small you may think it is, ask it.

Also it maybe that the members of the Chemotherapy forum Group will be able to answer some of your questions about the proposed treatment.

Please do join the groups and introduce yourself to the members I'm sure you'll be made very welcome.

Good luck with the start of the treatment next week.

Ian

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community although I'm very sorry that you've had to find us.

I can completely understand how shocked you all must have felt on discovering that your daughter has cancer. Could I suggest that you join the liver cancer group where you can ask questions about the treatment your daughter is going to have.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You can then respond to posts by selecting 'reply' and start your own by choosing 'start a discussion'.

You may also like to join the carers group where you can share your feelings and get support.

When you have a minute could you pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Sending a supportive (((hug)))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I did 8 cycles of chemotherapy that included doxorubicin and was lucky not to experience any major side effects but people react in many different ways unfortunately. I am sure you are aware of the teenage cancer trust but have included link anyway 

https://www.teenagecancertrust.org

I wish you and your daughter all the very best