Just diagnosed with oesophageal cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 58 subscribers

Hi, I’m 54 and i had an endoscopy on Sunday morning and the doctor has said I have oesophageal cancer. I had CT scan on Monday and the MDT meeting is next Tuesday 

I’m still in shock and don’t know where to go for more advice 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community although I'm sorry you've had to find us.

Although I didn't have your type of cancer I was your age when I was diagnosed so I can totally understand how shocked and numb you feel. Hopefully, once you've heard the recommendations from the MDT meeting next week and know what the plan is you'll feel more in control. 

I noticed that you've joined the oesophageal cancer group since you posted this introduction and I'm sure you'll find plenty of people in that group to answer your questions and give you support. Clicking on the link I've created will take you back to that group. Once there you can respond to posts by clicking on 'reply' and start your own after selecting 'start a discussion'.

Sending a virtual ((hug))

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"