Hello I’m new, husband diagnosed with Plasmacytoma.

• 7 replies
  • 60 subscribers

I believe Plasmacytoma is quite rare & I'm looking to see if anyone has anything they can share on this cancer so I am better able to support him.

Thanks

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi there, am I right in assuming this is Solitary plasmacytoma and not the kind associated with myeloma.

• Hi Johnty 

Thank you for your response, Blush Solitary plasmacytoma is all that has been confirmed at this point, to have bone marrow biopsy in due course to confirm if Myeloma there also.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Blue4

Dear blue,

what ever it turns out to be there is lots to be hopeful about. Treatment for solitary plasmacytoma is very productive and myeloma therapies are at a all time high in terms of outcomes. Either way it will be a challenging time but perfectly doable and family support has a big part to play in the whole process. If you have any questions I am happy to answer them if I can. I have myeloma and have finished my treatment and understand the emotional side of coping with a blood cancer.

• Thank you Johnty, This is still all so new I don’t think I even know the questions yet, but when I do it’s nice to know there is someone whose been there. Glad you have finished your treatment.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Blue4

Ok, add me as a friend if you want to and get back to me when your ready.

• Hi and a second welcome to the Online Community but so sorry to why you have found us.

This is such a hard time for your husband, you and the rest of the family but talking with people on the same path can help a lot. 

Although I lived with blood cancer for over 20 years each cancer journey can be rather different. You may want to follow this LINK to our Myeloma Forum as this may be a good place to connect with people who understand the path you are on.

Just join the group and hit the 'Start a Discussion' tab and introduce yourself to the group. Remember to go to the right on the home page and indicate how you want to receive email notifications when someone answers your posts.

We also have these forums where you can connect with others supporting family and friends through their cancer journey: Carers Forum and Friends and Family Forum.

You may also find our various Macmillan Support Line Services on 0808 808 00 00 helpful as you can talk to a friendly person that can help in various ways.

Always around to help out.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Mike

Thank you for your reply, just finding my feet in this journey, so I’m sure the info you gave me will be really useful.