FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 60 subscribers

Have to have a big op and l am so afraid

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Deleted

• Hi and welcome to the online community

It's natural to be scared when you're going to have an operation and I can see that you've posted a couple of questions in the ask an expert section. It does usually take a couple of working days for you to get a reply from the nurses so, in the meantime, could I suggest that you join the head and neck cancer group. Once you've joined you can tell the members of the group what operation you are due to have and they can tell you about their experiences.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'Join this group' on the page that opens. To start a post select 'Start a discussion' and then type your question.

When you have a minute it would be really useful if you could complete your profile as it really helps others when answering, or looking for other people with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself . To do this just click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

All the best with your upcoming operation

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

I have to have my voice box out and some of my food pipe don't know proper name then they will take apirce of my intestine and put it  on food pipe were take took some off  Dr said no speech for 6month they have to teach you how to speak again and swallow and l will have the opening on the neck .they will not day if l will be able to eat again.l know l will never eat like normal but if they could just say yes it will be better than it is now .and at my age l really don't know what to do .thankyou