Life after cancer

This group is for cancer survivors and people who have finished treatment. It is a space to discuss things like the physical and emotional after effects of cancer, returning to work, or trying to move on with your life.

Lumpy rash

Bignuts69
Posted by

After a bit of advice please,around 3 months ago I develop a rash on both knees,it started off feeling like I had been stung by red ants started off with red Mark's after a few days they turned into hard like spots the same as you get from a bite they become very itchy after a few weeks I thought it cant be ant bites cos it would have gone by now,went to the doctors he said it looked like infected exchma gave me antibiotics and a steroid cream,after a week or so it was still there, but then I got the same thing on both elbows so I went to the hospital cos the itching drove me crazy,they was stumped they said maybe psoriasis, 2 months later it is still as bad as it was to start with but now I have it on both bum cheeks and it's on my chest aswell now I am getting a bit concerned  now the itching keeps me awake most of the night any idea can post pictures if that would help

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi

I'm sorry to hear that your rash is getting worse and is now keeping you awake at night. As no one on here is a medic the best thing you can do is go back to your GP and explain that your rash is now worse and let them investigate.

I do hope that you can get this sorted soon as it must be very distressing for you.

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

Bignuts69
Posted by

I am in a and e now cos Its spread all over the top of my body now,its spread all round my neck as well ,feels like I am being strangled god knows what it is 

latchbrook
Posted by

I'm glad to here you've taken yourself off to A&E . Obviously not glad that you have to be there but it's probably best to get this checked sooner rather than later.

I hope they get you sorted.

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

buttercup01
Posted by

How's the rash today @bignuts69?

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.