Life after cancer

This group is for cancer survivors and people who have finished treatment. It is a space to discuss things like the physical and emotional after effects of cancer, returning to work, or trying to move on with your life.

How being in nature can help your health

buttercup01
Posted by

Saw this article today https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jun/13/two-hour-dose-nature-weekly-boosts-health-study-finds 

Anything that helps has got to be good!

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
Felen
Posted by

I saw this too! I did some research into the health benefits of ‘forest bathing’ (walk in the woods lol) during cancer treatment 3 years ago.  I am 100% convinced of the health benefits of walking in the woods and do it as often as I can. It’s like a detox for the lungs and mind.

What now?!
Galanthophile
Posted by

I crave the peace of the outdoors and visit gardens and nature reserves whenever I can. I’m a keen photographer and one of the hardest things about post surgery was not being able to get out with my camera. Even my garden and indoor plants have been a huge source of comfort to me during this time

buttercup01
Posted by

I too like being outside - even in the rain ! But since  having a stroke in 2013 I  can't now walk safely without a rollator so I'm somewhat limited where/ when I go. Very frustrating.

A neighbour however brought me some lavender ( which I love) from her garden today  n gonna c if I can order a plant/ flowers with my online grocery order. Thanks for giving me some food for thought ad to how I can get access to nature indoirs.

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
buttercup01
Posted by

Good luck re your test results