Life after cancer

This group is for cancer survivors and people who have finished treatment. It is a space to discuss things like the physical and emotional after effects of cancer, returning to work, or trying to move on with your life.

How can my positivity desert me now?

Nilllip
Posted by

Love it! Thanks for the advice and kind "ear"!

Xx

Nilllip
Posted by

Dear everyone who has commented on my post

I'd like to thank you for the very kind support that each and everyone of you have given me. Unffortunately my original post was deemed to violate community guidelines and I am horrified that in my attempts at reaching out for help I have managed to offend anyone.

In light of this, and while it really makes me so desperately sad to do so , I am withdrawing from the community. I just wanted to get some solace and understanding, without judgement. I did receive it from the kind people who did respond, but now feel utterly devastated that I have been judged in my post to be something that I am not.

I wish you all the very best in your journeys. This was obviously not meant to be for me.

Farewell 

Xxx

Nilllip 

John67
Posted by

What???

John67

Jimmy - Macmillan
Posted by

Hi ,

I’m really sorry to read that you intend to leave the Online Community – from this thread alone I see that you’ve received great support and guidance from members of the Community, and I sincerely hope that at some point you reconsider your decision.

We edited your original post in accordance with our Community Guidelines

If you’d like to discuss the above any further, please email myself and the team at community@macmillan.org.uk.

Take care,

Jimmy

Online Community Team

Carolyn28
Posted by

could you be specific please

??

real life success stories to remind you that people do survive breast cancer

https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer_types/breast-cancer/f/38/t/115457

Dr Peter Harvey

https://www.workingwithcancer.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/After-the-treatment-finishes-then-what.pdf

Jimmy - Macmillan
Posted by

Hi ,

To maintain a focus on peer-to-peer support within our groups, please email community@macmillan.org.uk to discuss any moderation decisions.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Online Community Team