Life after cancer

This group is for cancer survivors and people who have finished treatment. It is a space to discuss things like the physical and emotional after effects of cancer, returning to work, or trying to move on with your life.

power of attorney refunds

KTatHome
Posted by

If you paid to register a Power of Attorney in England or Wales between 1 April 2013 and 31 March 2017, you're owed a refund of up to £54.

I found the above information on the money saving expert site - Martin Lewis. I did my power of attorney in 2015 together with my husband reading the article I am due a refund of £38 as the government has revised its amount for how much it should have cost. The article gives a link to claim the refund on line which I did today but the refund might take until mid May to be paid. 

I thought I’d mention it as I thought quite a few of us might have done this. I am also doing to do this for my mother by post,  as she passed away in 2015 and did a power of attorney within the time frame above. 

Here is the link Refund information

MacMMM
Posted by

Thank you for your post.  I had not heard of this.  I have now sent off my refund request.

You would have thought that it would have been fairly easy for them to contact most people who had them to advise eligibility for refund.   Although it would not be in their interest to let people know!

The ink did not work for me but it is fairly easy to find (if you are looking for it) on the gov.uk website.