Life after cancer

This group is for cancer survivors and people who have finished treatment. It is a space to discuss things like the physical and emotional after effects of cancer, returning to work, or trying to move on with your life.

diffuse large b cell lymphoma NHL

Amy2457
Posted by

hi 

Need a bit advice here. I am from india and my father had been diagnosed with dlbcl lymphoma cancer. Doctors adviced us for six rounds of rchop. In the starting my father had some side effects which are usual.. After third round of chemo pet scan came very positive with 80% clean. After that we went for three more.. Result xame up yesterday of last pet scan and it shows that it occured again. Means rchop didnt really worked in last three rounds.

What doctor are telling now they will b doing biopsy again and then they will decide weather to go with more rounds of chemo or go for radaition..

Why radaition? The things is my father got lump in urinary bladder and for that docs did TURBT and after that only we came to know about dlbcl.now when it has reocured..it is in only in urinary bladder. So m a bit confused now.. Plz give ur advice.

mistymoley
Posted by

Hi  

I'm sorry to hear that your dad is suffering from dlbc lymphoma and that treatments don't appear to be working.

We can only comment on the type of treatments offered in the UK, but you may find more information by posting in the dlbd lymphoma group.  I hope you can find the information you are looking for.

Thehighlander
Posted by

Hi  and a second welcome to the Community.

I see that my friend Helen gave you a link for you to follow to one if our NHL forums so I will see you over there and I am sure that some of the other forum members will catch up with you and give you some great support.

Highlander ((hugs))