Help needed

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 5 subscribers

I really need someone’s advice on how I can cope with the cancer that has spread to by wife’s lymph nodes and beyond.

last year after returning from our honeymoon my wife attended a mandatory mammogram examination, we had noticed a slight swelling in one of the lymph nodes, it was with the shock on the consultants face that we knew that something was wrong,

after a biopsy and scan we were called back to have further tests and return at a later date, when we returned at the later date we were given the news that my wife’s life expectancy was between 2-5 years depending on how the medication reacts with her body.

i honestly don’t know what to do, I feel completely numb it has taken me all my life to find her and now I am faced with losing her we have been together for 4 years and they have been the happiest years I have ever had, obviously when we got married we were hoping for many many years together never did we expect this to happen

how do I cope with this?

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

I'm very sorry to read that your wife was diagnosed with secondary breast cancer last year and it's perfectly natural to feel as you do.

I hope you don't mind if I recommend a couple of groups for you to join. The first is the secondary breast cancer group where you can ask questions and share experiences with others who have been diagnosed with this type of cancer, and the second is the family and friends group as it's a great place to share your worries with others who understand what it's like to have a loved one living with cancer.

If you'd like to join either or both just click on the links I've created and then choose 'click to join' on the pages that open. You can then introduce yourself and post questions after selecting '+New' and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'Reply'.

When you have a minute, it would be really useful if you could pop something about your wife's journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"