1 out of 3 lymph nodes

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 4 subscribers

Had my first surgery to remove 3 lymph nodes.  1 out of 3 were infected. I know this is very percentage.  
I have been given the option if surgery to remove up to 30 clearance or have chemo straight away.  
I am very worried about lymphodema wirh still the possibility of having chemo if more lymph nodes are affected 

anyone else been in this dilemma or help with my anxiety about lymphodema x

many thanks in advance 

• So sorry about to hear about the situation you are facing. Myself I would phone Macmillan and ask them to clarify to you what advice you have been given. Tell them all what you have been told and anything that you do not understand. Then its for you to decide which way you decide to go. Sorry I cannot be any help with tips, hints and advice as I myself have never been in this situation that you find yourself in. Yes phone Macmillan its a free number it easy to talk to them they were brill with me when I needed to talk

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Pih58

Hey

thanks for taking the time to reply.  I have spoken to Macmillan nurse who was amazing Blush    She listened and recommend I try to change my oncologist.  Which has happened xx.  I have ?  This Thursday if it goes ahead.   She also said the most important thing is to go with my gut instincBlush BlushBlush

• Wise words. They were lovely and gave me good advice. Changes needed to be made and after talking through on the phone l knew in my mind that my thoughts were the same  as what they were telling me. I t gave me the strength to speak out and and ask for another opinion. I was right to do that. Now I am a much stronger person. Very few people come on to this forum which is a shame. Many people suffer in silence not aware of the help they can get either by a free phone call or this forum. Many different cancers and many different problems afterwards and in some case's not enough aftercare. Hope it all goes well. Spread the word Macmillan do fantastic work. By the way this forum twelve years ago was my help line with hints and tips. Please keep up on here just in case someone in time you will be able help with your experience.

Patxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Pih58

I feel exactly the same as you felt   I have an apppoinrment with surgery tomorrow and new oncologist on Thursday.  

Your words are so helpful and because of you and others I want to be able to do same 

update tomorrow 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Heyyya.  

Spoke to a wonderful oncologist on Thursday via phone.  He was amazing and explained everything to us Heart️ Change of plan now ... due to CV they don’t start chemo. So only option now is surgery 

It is such a relief knowing what is going to happen.  
    Breathing calmer and taking the best advice.  But great thing on positive note. I know more about my c than I would have ever have as I had a choice.  A big headache choice.  Chosen by cv and a wonderful oncologist 

Hope everyone is coping whilst the world is readjusting 

good night god bless 

Julia 

• I wish you all well and please stay safe. Pat XXX