Evening to all

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 3 subscribers

So....quick bio

I had Grade 2 stage 1a endometrial cancer. Jan 23rd u I haa radical hysterectomy keyhole with the da vinci robotic surgery. I'm now 8 weeks post op and returning to work on Monday.

Today I went to the docs as I had fluid retention mainly on my left leg bit a little in the right and was sent up to the hospital to check it wasn't a clot. After 3 hours and blood tests they came back positive but they said they expected that as it was soooooo close to the surgery so in going back for a scan in the morning to rule out a clot. The nurse thinks I have lymphedema. I had lymph glands removed from left and right of pelvis.IM NOW CANCER FREE BTW

Tbh I'm hoping it's to do with my blood pressure tablet.......think I need to read up on lymphedema. 

Any info gratefully received x

• I had ovarian cancer (clear now for 11yrs). Had many lymph glands removed. What happens to me is my body can cope with one infection but not two. That's when the lymph glands become overloaded and it travels into my legs. After my op they put it down to the healing process and inflammation from my body healing. Much later on I was sent to see a lymphoma nurse. Given tips on here how to cope. Most important is to keep your legs well moisturised. Whenever you can keep your legs resting slightly higher than the rest of your body (I lie with legs up on my two seater chair). If you are measured for the special stockings put baby powder on first on your legs and at night cream your legs  well. I have to admit I no longer use them as I find skinny jeans now do the job for me. It is manageable it comes and goes. The main thing is don't let it control you I look at it as a slight inconvenience.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Pih58

Thank you xx