Keeping a Promise

• 26 replies
  • 64 subscribers

Hi EVERYONE,

I am sorry to tell you that Daloni died peacefully last night at St Christopher's Hospice.

I am writing this with a very heavy heart and tears running down my cheeks, even although I have been trying to compose myself for a while now. Some months ago Daloni asked me if she got her sister to contact me once she had passed away, would I post here to let you all know. I promised I would and am fulfilling that now.

Daloni said to let you know how much she appreciated all your messages, prayers and lovely things you said about her. She loved being a part of the Community and as a Community Champion I don't think she could have done anything more to support, befriend, encourage and advise members old and new and in many Groups. A special mention for those members she met personally on arrange meets.. she said it was a blast!!

Her sister Julia told me that both her daughters, her other sister and her very close cousins had visited within the last hours before she died with her three favourite nurses by her bedside.

We were all privileged to have known her as she had strength, a terrific sense of humour and time for everyone. Norberry, I told her you had restarted the "Three Good Things" post and she was so pleased, so please keep it up. Her main wish was that this community and particularly this Group carried on and thrived, despite problems with the updated site. She wanted us all to stay with it and to bring it back to the way it used to be being a friendly, supportive and humorous place to talk freely without worrying our families.

As Daloni herself wrote not long ago she has been very open about the end of life but wanted a private family funeral. RIP my friend you will be in my heart always.

I am sure we knew this was about to happen, as that's what the group is about, it is still a shock loosing a friend. We need to support one another as best we can at this difficult time for us all. My love to you all.

• RIP dear Daloni...it's hard to believe you're not here anymore. Wishing your family strength for the next time. A last big hug to you!!!

Pet 

• Heartbroken to hear the sad news I am also crying my eyes out daloni was the first person to contact me on a very dark night on this site if it wasn't for her I wouldn't be here today but she knew exactly what to say and how to deal with me I can't put into words the support and advice and the laughter daloni brought to my life and to every member on this site I think that daloni will be a special Angel in heaven and her wings will be wrapping all of her love and support around all of us not just at this moment but for eternity love support and hugs to every one who knew her xxx

Flippen
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Pet1968

succh sad news to wake up to, hoping yor passing was peaceull and painless RIP Daloni.xxx

• Thank you for letting us know Annette, it is a very difficult task to take on.

I was lucky enough to meet Daloni several times and she was just as lovely in real life as she was in the forum.  She was always interested in learning more, whether that was about a situation, a treatment or a person.  In showing this interest she always allowed her humour to shine through and brought a note of humanity to any conversation.  She brought these abilities and her knowledge to her role as a Community Champion in a way which I do not believe will ever be matched.  She continued to support others even when she was having a hard time herself, both in relation to her health and her family situation and my thoughts are with her family especially her daughters.  Throughout all of the time I have known her, her daughters have been the focus of her planning.  She experienced some frustrations with them at times but always talked of them with pride and celebrated their achievements.  I know that she has left them in the best position that she could.   She was an exceptional person and I am proud to have been able to call her my friend.

God bless you Daloni,

Love Gragon xx

• AngelAngelAngel

One more angel in the heavens that should be on earth, so so very sad, the tears keep coming, like many Daloni was one of the first to welcome me to this group I am literally lost for words.

Sending love to her daughter's

Your journey is now over rest in peace Daloni

May the angels show you to paradise.

Devon cat

Xxx

Smiley catDevon cat

when nothing goes right go left.

• I'm sorry to hear this news.  Daloni was one of the first to welcome me to the site and I have quoted her since, she made what was a bad day for me so much better.  If you hear when the funeral is Annette would you post - I would like to raise a glass to her x

Carpe Diem
    Deb1E
  • A bit of my life gone. Rest in peace lovely lady.

• Hi Annette, thank you so much for passing this sad news on to us all. I am so sorry, Daloni was such a lovely person and her loss will be felt by so very many of us on here, her family and friends in the wider world. She was always so friendly and helpful to everyone. I am relieved to know that her end was peaceful and pain free. RIP Daloni.

love and hugs to all

Maggie xx

• Thank you for letting us know RIP Daloni x

Ruth 

• Daloni, you will be sorely missed - our thoughts are with you and your family. RIP

Per Ardua Ad Astra