i am going into the hospice.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Well folks, it seems i was in the Hospice queue after all. Since i found out i had brain mets a few weeks ago time seems to be passing very quickly. i was put on steroids qhich seems to have sorted the dizziness and the wobbles forcouple of weeks. We managed to get to scotland for 10 days  with our friends. but  hindsight i shoulnt have gone as i had quite a few falls and am black and blue. we got back on monday and hubby rang the hospice who then rang the gp who then came out tosee me.

the doc gave me a good check over and everything was ok but she said i am almost blind in my left eye !!!

she has increased the steroid dose to see if it will help stabilise me again and if that doesnt work i have to go into the hospice for a couple of days till they try me with some anti seizure meds to stop the seizures. 

i dont mind admitting i am bloody scared of whats coming, i have so much i wanted still to do. 

sorry cant type now. sorry if it mixed up a bit.Lynn 2

• oh Lynn, sounds scary indeed..but they are doing a good job in the hospice to sort you out , and then back home to your family. I think it's good you had that holiday and some memories...sending you a big hug, Pet

• Lynn 2

Sorry to hear you are having these problems, a few days  getting really well looked after and sort your meds out hopefully will make a big difference.

You typed  really well so do not worry, glad you got to Scotland  nice time of the year.

Hope to hear from you soon when you are sorted, thoughts are with you.

Take Care Ellie x

• Hi Lynn, I'm glad you managed your visit to here in Scotland but you could have done without the bruises!

The hospices are great for sorting out drugs etc, so I'm hoping they will get you back on the right track

Of course it is always scary when you don't know exactly what's going to happen but once they decide on a plan of action, I hope it won't feel just as bad!

Take Care

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi lynn2, sorry to hear this also sorry my reply is late but your post has only just come through to me, I'm still having big problems with new site

The hospice will stabilize you and get you home for many many more happy times to come.

• Stay strong xx

Smiley catDevon cat

when nothing goes right go left.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Lynn

I know how scared you must be but please rest assured they will take the very best care of you. I have been in a few times to sort me out or to help get medications under control and it's always been such a lovely experience.

I take anti seizure drugs too (keppra is it's easier name) and they have my seizures fully under control by the looks of it. 

Hindsight can be a good thing but so can fond memories too. Remember the good times of the holiday, the bruises will fade soon.

• I hope that the hospice can sort your meds out fairly quickly, and then you can go home again.  This is a difficult time for you, but I have heard from others how very good the hospices are for meds.

I wish you luck, take care. Georgette.x