Cold callers, life insurance

• 6 replies
  • 49 subscribers

i think I just knocked a salesman for six. He was trying to sell life insurance  I kept on asking if pre-existing conditions were disregarded. Even when I told him I was incurable he still said he'd speak to his managers. What firm would insure us

I like playing with cold callers, although this time was too close to home. 

• Now that made laugh x

Ellie 

Ellie x

• Hi there you couldn't make it up could you!!!!!!!!!!

Flippen
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I always find that they go away quickly when I tell them I'm incurable. You must have had a particularly persistent salesman. 

• Hi 

He was probably new at the job! The things I hate since diagnosis are the leaflets for funeral services! At first I kept saying to myself "how do they know" My husband said "of course they don't know, these have been coming through the door for years, it's just that you looked at them once then threw them straight into the bin. However now for some stupid reason, you are actually reading them, so stop it,"

Know when they come in or anything to do with life insurance etc, he makes airplanes with them and throws them at me while laughing!! I think it's true you don't pay attention to things unless it's something personal! Have you seen how many people use sticks or crutches? Unbelievable!

Thanks for that Young Man, I needed to smile!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  •   thank you, you are so correct, I think the reason for the call, I can't b sure, we've been going through my estate, writing a will, and my wife thoughts were if anything happened to her I'd struggle financially so was looking at life insurance. Hormone therapy is working well for me atm, long may that continue.

We're relatively young early 50's and my cancer and my wife has hip issues and needs a replacement has shaken our belief in ourselves and concerns for our children.

As you say

Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift

• Hi young man,

Like most people I never took any notice of such things like Annette said, but all I see on TVsince being diagnosed is bloody adverts for life insurance etc,but I do have life insurance, phew!! Yes have written my will so these adverts get turned off like we need reminding

Glad your treatment is working well,

Xx

Smiley catDevon cat

when nothing goes right go left.