Udate re Diz

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 14 replies
  • 53 subscribers

Just to briefly let those who know me have the latest. I have significant growth & brain Mets after almost 7 years of   dealing with lung cancer. Have a great team behind me at st Luke's Cancer center attached to Royal Surrey in Guildford that have got me this far but this "game over"now it seems. Was admitted with a brain bleed on Sunday & been given a short time to go. My family have arranged for Hospice Care in my locality & I'm waiting on  transferring there. All seems to be going simply thank goodness re organising a care package from this end.  

Seems there are a few long term members of the community doing this at the same time- so may I take this opportunity to wish them all a peaceful end of journey ,as I wish myself. 

Sending everyone Love & Many Virtual Supportive ((( Hugs)))) From Diz xxxxx

• Aw Diz, no no no no no. I can't believe it and I'm really sorry to hear that. I can't believe it, I have been here for more than 4 years in the Incurables group. You were quite active in that area then. 

I hope you have a good care package because you should have the best. If it's half as good as Daloni's you'll be fine! It has been lovely to meet and know you, you have helped so many people and given sage advice to others. I wish you a very peaceful end of journey. I can't believe I'm writing this to you. I'll contact Annette,  and let her know because she is having difficulty logging on.

Tvman xxx

Love life and family.
  • I hope your journey is peacefull as a small boat drifting on a moonlight sea i wish all the best for you and your familyxx

Poppy
  • Hello Diz. You do not know me as I have not been on the forum for a while but I know you are good friends with Daloni. I took the liberty of phoning Daloni this morning and passed on your terrible news.

She was devastated but could only talk for a few minutes. I feel so sorry for you both, you are two people who have changed other peoples lives for the better. 

• Hi Diz,

I'm sorry to hear that things have reached this stage for you now but I know you anticipated that it might not be long.  I have a great memory of you and Suzie rushing across to me at the first London meet up I attended and feeling very welcomed and almost overwhelmed.  Thank you both for your warm greeting and the friendship you have offered since.

I have only heard good things about hospice care and it will be nice for you to sit back and let someone else take the strain.  Will you be able to smuggle the vodka in I wonder?  I had an e mail from Annette yesterday and she said that due to her difficulty in logging on she could see that she had a recent PM from you but could not reply but did not want you to think she was ignoring you.  I will PM you soon.

I also hope that you have a peaceful journey but with the opportunity for more happy days yet.

Sending you lots of love and great bug hugs.

Love Gragon xx.

• Hi Diz, like Norberry you don't know me, I haven't been on this site long and I don't come on much later as it has been pretty bloody gloomy. But I am so sorry to hear your news, along with Daloni who I have had the pleasure of communicating with on this site.

I wish all who are facing the final part of our journey love and Peace️peace, with the gates of heaven wide open for us all when we are called.

God bless you all

Xx

Smiley catDevon cat

when nothing goes right go left.

• Wishing you get a peaceful journey. I’ve received so much support and inspiration during the short time I’ve been incurable. I thank you all, setting an example I hope I can live up to facing the next steps with fortitude, humour and some bloody mindedness 

xx

• I am so sorry to be reading this i am lost for words.

Like many you was one of the first i got to know on this site, you reached out to every one that needed it a true champion,

I thank you for being you and guiding others along this road, where we will all meet up on day, may the last  bit of your journey be a smooth road, Diz it has been a honour to know you, i am truly grateful that you was here for me.

"You Never Walk A Lone " Ellie 

• Sending love and prayers for a painless journey and hope you get love and hugs

• Hmi Everyone, Can you believe I actually got logged in!! I can hardly believe it. Since the "update" this is only the second time I have managed to get into the site! I find myself typing fast in case this disappears!!!                          I am reluctant to press the Return Key as in the Personal Messages that's what sends the message and I don't want this to be cut short! Thank you very much Gragon and TVman for letting me know how everyone on the site was doing. As you both know, I have been in daily contact with Daloni since she went into Guys hospital and then to the Hospice! The email I got from her yesterday said she can no longer dictate her emails because she is now very short of breath. She started dictating when the drugs made it difficult to see the small keys on her mobile phone. Daloni also said she had gone downhill this week and was ready to let go. Her doctor discussed this with her and said this is the last weeks. She is sleeping most of the day but is pain free and very comfortable. The nursing staff have been amazing and can't do enough for her. It is usually about this time I email her because the nurses turn her at midnight and then again at 5am and sometimes, although not as much recently, she found it hard to get back to sleep and the nurses take her a cup of tea while she reads my email. Today because of her breathing difficulties she said she would not be able to write as often but I've told her several times, I don't expect a reply, I'm just chatting and keeping her up to date with what I'm doing day to day and funny stories about my grandchildren and general chitchat to make her smile!

OH! I pressed Return automatically there and the text didn't disappear! Phew! Just in case I only manage to post this once, like the last time, I'd like to just say I have been missing you all so very much! I'd also like to apologise to any new members for not being able to welcome them to the Group. If I could have, I would have! I know Ruthjp is on a well deserved holiday and Gragon is away for the weekend so I hope they are enjoying their break.

Let's hope this is the end of the problems quite a few of us have been having and from now on this Group grows from strength to strength to give friendship and support to whoever needs it! Fingers & toes crossed as I press reply but I will copy this first, just in case of any mishaps!! I hope you are all fast asleep but those who know me, know I'm a Night Owl!

Take Care and be safe my friends! Love and virtual (((hugs))). Annette x.  Ps just as well I copied this! This is my third attempt!!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Diz. I've just sent you a pm, the first I've been able to do since 2/9. Love Annette x

PS Sorry for my mistakes in the long post I have just managed to write but it wouldn't allow me to edit it! X

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!