Some animal photos

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 12 replies
  • 50 subscribers

Dear 

ive tried 3 times today and 4 times yesterday to send this-

During the blackish orange day my daughter and I went to a local Safari zoo. First photo my daughter took of me taking a photo of an orange bird

sorry it turned sideways 

anyhow another bird following

Ok think ive used up my picture luck so

with Hugs and Love

Millie

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Dear 

• Ok trying my luck again Here are some of the other animals we saw

We went on the day we barely saw the sun, Orange Sky, wildfires north, east and south of us. On a day that all things bad were happening like the pandemic, a dear friend in hospice and a friends house burnt to the ground.  In my life When there is bad news I say what is good- that day we decided to go and be with Gods creatures that were living the day without fear. I hope you enjoyed the photos and a few made you smile. Lol

with Love and Hugs to all

Millie

• Lovely photos and your orange shoes to match xx

Ruth 

• Aww Millie..i really like that saying...hugs Pet

PS lovely pics

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to ruthjp

Thank you . And 

As Daloni would tell you orange is my favorite happy color (but not in the sky).

Yes, I have orange sandals, kicks-and walking shoes and dress shoes.  Orange wristbands, orange shirts etc. And I have an orange shoulder bag Daloni made me that I take to the infusion treatments.

Thats why I was taking a picture of my favorite color bird- my daughter was lol- she thought the bird thought I was a relative! I knew I was with my peeps it was hard to get me out of there.

Thank you for the nice comments.

Hugs to all

Millie

• Hi Millie

First thing I thought was one of your shoes had wedged itself over a little bird but on checking my theory you were wearing two shoes ha ha ha. Was it a little flamingo, pink or otherwise? This site doesn't. If I could be bothered, I'd copy the photo into a photo shop program and turn it 90° instead of chasing it around my phone but then I found if I expand it a little and keep my finger and thumb in contact with the photo then I could admire the photo when I turned my phone round and the photo stays put. Until I remove a finger, then it's back to chasing it again.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Your photos remind me of old Victorian photos. Or the end of the world.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Dear ,

Yes, The smoke and ash from the wildfires got caught in the upper atmosphere turning the entire sky Orange ( photo of sun and sky in gardens section for those that have not seen them). All scientifically explained, but on the gut level it was weird -especially not being to see the sun- just a dot in the sky. It was a wonder that the four horsemen did not appear. Instead we saw antelope giraffes and worthogs. 

Best News- the majority of the fires are contained. We are told that we will have our blue sky back in 5 days or so. I’m not sure of the birds name but will try to look it up since I’m sure he was a distant relative. Ha!

Hugs to all,

Millie

• Hi Millie,

Lovely photos,  I think the orange bird might be a scarlet ibis.  It is certainly a beautiful and stunning bird.

They have shown some pictures of the orange sky here on tv.  It looks a bit like the special effects from a 1970's sci fi movie.  It's good to hear that you are safe albeit surrounded by fire on all sides.  Given everything else going on for you at the moment you appear to be in good spirits.

Wishing you all the best,

Gragon xx

• Such lovely photos Millie, I hope Daloni sees them. Love the Orange shoes to. X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Love the orange shoes,  

I, too, thought the bird must be a relative - but of your shoes, not yourself.