Just want to say Hello

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 25 replies
  • 51 subscribers

Hello I joined this group about  3 years ago  I was in touch with smashing lady,  Lady Peeps and a very few others,  however, I have come to the group to read posts,   very frequently and have at that time been ridiculed for my lack of remembrance in some things  Due to Chemo and illness,, I must admit this was by a gentleman and I use the phrase loosely,  Anyway no matter to me I am trying to make contact with like suffering people once again...  I really hope I have not offended anyone,  it is just certain drugs which I think you all know about affects memory and diction,  I would really like to make some friends as precious as Lady Peepy's I have no idea what has happened to her could someone possibly let me know thank you for listening.

Lost and Alone.

• Hi Lost and Alone

Welcome to the group again, I think I remember you from 3 years ago. I certainly remember Lady Pepys, she was a real friend to me and when the site was giving problems and she wasn't able to post, she asked me to post a message on the site from her that she really needed posting. She was having severe headaches and her mobility was deteriorating which was alarming her. Although she and I were pming frequently, as her condition deteriorated she texted less and less until I heard no more. 

Annette and Daloni will remember her too, boy was she a character, she found herself in some very comical situations and relayed them with style. I'm so sorry to hear that you were ridiculed by someone, that's a very unusual and probably unique experience for someone on the site to have. I can say for sure that that never happened before to me. I have welcomed many people to the site, explaining to them that they will find reassurance and support in abundance.

Lost and alone, I too have a memory problem. Names are hard to recall, but more infuriatingly I can't remember words for everyday objects and when in a conversation with anyone, I have to apologise to people when I am delving deep into a seemingly rapidly emptying noun box. It's really embarrassing but perhaps easier these days because I am shielding and I have a limited number of people with whom to converse.. I'm ok here because I have time to think and search for synonyms.

So Lost and alone, I share your worries. I had a telephone consultation with my GP yesterday, advised to do so by my doctor who phoned me from the cancer unit. I think it was him, I can't be sure. I'm experiencing hallucinations, usually when I am awakened by my wife from a short doze, one of dozens daily. I mentioned that someone from mental health had phoned me concerning my memory problem but she hadn't yet received a report. She asked me how it went, and I had to tell her that I couldn't remember much, if anything and we both chuckled. 

I look forward to chatting with you Lost and Alone. 

Take care and stay safe x

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Hi

welcome back to the community. I am so sorry to hear you were ridiculed. It’s not something I’ve seen in my time as a member of this group. We are normally a very supportive bunch and plenty of us have memory problems. My own brain is riddled after years of chemo and other treatments.  

I do remember Lady Pepys, though. She really was a character and a good friend to so many people here. She lived alone and as her mobility declined, she got into some right scrapes trying to get on with her life. Her tales of gardening her pots on a bottom shuffle were hilarious - or rather the way she told them was hilarious. She was a regular poster here but quite suddenly she disappeared from the site and I can only wonder what happened to her and light a candle. 

I do hope you’ll stick around this time and get to know us. I’ve got plenty of friends here who are in invaluable to me. I don’t know how I’d manage without them 

xx

• Dear Lost and Alone

I am sorry you had a bad experience, hopefully we can make it better for you. My memory is awful for some things yet I can recall tiny details of other things.

Are you shielding? It's been a difficult time, I think we all deserve a jolly good holiday. 

Take care, I hope you feel better about the forum

Xx

Flowerlady x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

TVman  hello and thank you for replying to my somewhat scared/rude post  I can see the chaps face but I don't recall his name,  anyway  "Lady Pepys"  yes and she certainly was a Lady in every sense of the word.   I do remember you sir! yes always pleasant and kind to everyone,  Dylon I have read many messages from that person always good and encouraging,  everyone was so nice I just didn't have the courage after that person was,  well not rude to me but sort of made a joke of my posts... It really doesn't matter now, I am just happy that I have taken courage in both hands and started from first base.  thanks again for your reply  and look forward to speaking again... (thank you I am greatful.)

Lost and Alone.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hello Dylon  gosh I remember you so much,  yes you were the one who was on hand for everybody,  yes and I know you were close to "Ladt Pepys"  she was a lady I certainly respected and admired.  so so sad I had to miss her last few posts,  but hospitals will not wait will they,  we had many pleasant hrs talking about my little dog and his antics,  but everything good must come to an end I suppose...  Thank you so much for responding to my post,  it took some courage to start to converse again I can tell you,!!!

But all good I have done it now and also had a smashing response thanks again Dylon and hope to spk again soon.  

Lost and Alone.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to flowerlady

Hello  Flowerlady,  thank you for replying to my post and a smashing response it is.  Yes I am shielding I am afraid been in lockdown now since 13th March,  but yesterday got my mask's and my onco said that I may be able to venture outside about Aug 1st (MayB B4)  but  doubtful  apparently immune system is pretty much shot so have to stay indoors.  where shall we go Flowerlady ?  I was thinking about the Py-jarmers  that is about as far as I will get I think.   It is so nice to spk with you hope to spk again soon,  stay well and thank you once again for your post it really did cheer me up I appreciate it so much all my best wishes. 

Lost and Alone.,

• Hi, Of course I remember you! I've been taking a small break from the Group recently but when I saw your post, I just had to reply! I am so sorry you had a bad experience and as others have said, it is most unusual in this caring Group! I'm glad you took the hull by the horns and gave it another go and in future hope you will be neither Lost nor Alone! We are here for you!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Lost and Alone

You sound much better, I am so glad you had the courage to revisit the forum!!

Let's hope we can get out and about soon and your immune system strengthens.

Xx

Flowerlady x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to flowerlady

Yes Flowerlady it has given me back a lot of confidence, but I am still trying to navigate  myself around the site,  but I must say what smashing people I have met this time thank you all for my superb welcome now I don't feel as silly even if I am,  I feel accepted  thank you..xx

Lost and Alone.  xxx

• Hello lost and alone

I am still fairly new and still a little shy but join in from time to time. Each and every time I post, whether a grumble or a question I get the most supportive responses. 

Love Tracy