Missing phone call

• 3 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Hi all just to say thanks for your replies. Had a regroup and was back on the phone Tuesday. Got an apology and was told my community nurse would be in touch, no contact as yet. Some good news have been in touch with a local Macmillan nurse and she has informed me if I haven't heard anything by Tuesday next week I have to ring her and she will sort it. Just been out clapping with my neighbor's mmmmmmmmmmmmm   WHY

PS

My bone pain is very intermittent, at the moment just an ache. I do hope its stays that way. Hormone sweats disturb my sleep pattern, every one and a half to two hours I wake drenched in sweat anyone any ideas?

On a lighter note I will have been married 44 years tomorrow, I don't know how I would cope without my wife and continually think of the people who live with cancer without a partner.

• Hello , congratulations on 44years tomorrow Grinning

You mentioned hormone sweats, a friend of mine had that problem and swore by a cold pillow, I haven’t used one myself but in the summer I do use a neck tie that has gel crystals in it that I soak in water and the gel absorbs the water and keeps me cooler.

Macmillan gives some tips including the pillow in this link https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-information-and-support/impacts-of-cancer/hot-flushes-and-sweating

but Im sure you want real life experience and there’s an abundance of it in here.

Best wishes

Take care KT

• Hi @Jim788  I have had night sweats on and off for some time now, I have a small fan next to my bed and as mentioned, I bought a Cool Pillow from Boots and find it helps quite a bit! You have to buy a proper one as my daughter bought me one via Amazon and it didn't work but when I saw the one in Boots, thought I'd try it! I regularly have to get up and change due to night sweats! Hope you find something to help!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Hi

How was the wedding anniversary? I hope you had a wonderful day. 
    xx