dont know where to start

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 32 replies
  • 52 subscribers

ive been on here for awhile but don't join in as unsure im a help to anyone, but I would like some advice, long story short (or I will try to make it short)  journey started with melanoma, 2017. all going good for just on two years then scan shows tumour in armpit and lungs 2019, put on dab/tram December 2019, all going ok until two weeks ago when tommy tumour in armpit reared his ugly head, sent for emergency scan last Tuesday, get phone call Thursday to say now spread to brain, and they will ring me again this coming Tuesday, partner fell to bits, Im in shock, tried to ask about what treatment I can have and was told they don't know,  thanks in advance for any answer if anyone can give me advice  Max

• Hi, i had tumor spread to brain, 3,5cm , was lucky they could operate ( 3 years ago) then radiation. If they cannot do op then radiation is a good way to. Are you on any treatment? i'm on Nivulumab for lung cancer but it is a drug for melanoma too..

Pet

• Hi Max, I remember chatting to you when you were being put on dab/tram combo hoping you would have great success with it, saying I was on Dabrafenib for over three years and it was a miracle drug for me. I'm so sorry things didn't work out better for you. Are you still on the combo while it is decided what is next for you? It is bad enough hearing this news out of the blue, without having to wait a week before you speak to someone again which could be due to the virus. I would write down any questions you have, so that you don't forget to ask them when you get your call.

I do hope they have a plan of action for your treatment. I'm sure others will be replying, but probably not until the morning as your post was quite late! It is now 2am so just us night owls about or people from countries where the time is different!

I am not surprised your partner has fallen apart, it's the fear of the Unknown. Maybe once you both find out what comes next, you will feel a bit better. If you want to talk to someone in the meantime and get advice about what questions to ask, then phone the Helpline here! Please let us know how you get on!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Pet1968

Hi Pet, thank you for your reply, im on dab/tram at the moment, but will find out more on Tuesday when I get another phone call, how they spoke last week they didn't seem to think there was much more they could do for me,  Max

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Hi Annette, thank you for your reply, yes I was told to keep taking dab/tram until next phone call tomorrow Tuesday, I have written down some questions to ask, they seemed unsure there was anything they could offer me , I hope you managed to get some sleep hun, and wish you all the best on your journey xxx Max

• Hello madmomma

I haven't any advice, but I hope your phone call helps you. It's such a difficult time right now

Take care xx

Flowerlady x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to flowerlady

thank you Flowerlady xx

• Hi Max ()  Good luck for tomorrow! I hope you get all your questions answered. If not maybe you could ask for a second opinion! Please let us know how you get on! I will be thinking about you!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi ,

Thinking of you today and hoping there will be a plan. 
    xx

Tinalay 
    Every bad situation is a blues song waiting to happen.
    Amy Winehouse.
  • Hi Max

Sorry I'm late in welcoming you to the group, I so wish that it was elsewhere but we're here so we'll certainly make the most of it and help you to get through this awful time.You will meet some of the nicest people here, all ready to share our time together. 

Today is the day of your scan, I hope you get favourable news, so fingers crossed and you can share your results, should you so wish..

I feel for your partner, such terrible news that has to be dealt with. You'll have each other for support and if he wants to speak to a group, there is a MacMillan group for families of those who have had a cancer diagnosis. 

Take care Max and remember, there's always someone for support. 

Keep safe

Tvman x

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Phone call finally came, theres a plan to try me on Prembrolizumab , they are unsure if it will work, but im willing to give it a go, now to wait for appointment for treatment to start, but its got to be a better wait then what Ive had waiting for them to get back to me,

I just don't understand how or why and guess I never will, I feel fine , I look healthy , they were worried about tumours in my lungs and they are fine, its a laugh really, never gave it a thought that it would be in my brain & brain lining , 

any advice greatly appreciated on this drug,  ie side effects what to take with me as I have to do it all alone, under covid conditions , 

I would also like to say thank you for all your thoughts and reply's, it has helped keep me grounded, 

Max 

( hope I make sense lol, )