More good news

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 29 replies
  • 51 subscribers

Hi Gang 

I’ve just had an email from my oncologist (and I mean just now. Yes, my oncologist emailed me at 10.30pm) with my latest blood test results. This is what she wrote: 

“Dear Daloni

I thought you might want to know that your CA125 has fallen further to 1608 

1 month ago - 4157

2 months ago - 14,392

Wanted to share this good news with you”

I am so pleased to hear this. The CA125 is a blood protein that goes up as the cancer grows and down as it shrinks. Normal is below 35. So while my latest result is still relatively high, the rapid downward trend is what really matters. I’m hopeful that my next scan on April 14 will show stability and possibly even some shrinkage. I think it’s fair to say that the trial drug I’m on is showing promise. 

xx

• Hi

Absolutely delighted for you, you'll sleep with a smile on your face tonight Blush

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Hi !

That is really amazing !!! You are on the right path!! I'm so happy for you, please keep it up!!

Pet

• Great news Daloni. I bet your girls are really pleased too!

Xx

Flowerlady x
  • Oh I am so pleased and over the moon for you it's about time you had some good news fingers crossed and everything else for you on the next scan keep fighting on xxxxx

Flippen
  •  This is the Best. News. Ever. 

Over the moon for you Grin I hope the next scan will confirm that the trial drug is working for you.

You must have a very special relationship with your Oncologist, and no wonder after all you've been through together.

Lots of love and hugs to you and the girls, and of course Noodle xx

Tinalay 
    Every bad situation is a blues song waiting to happen.
    Amy Winehouse.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Fantastic news long may it continue.

• that’s fantastic news. You’ve put yourself through so much, you deserve a good result. x

• Hi,

good news. I am so pleased for you.

my lenvatinib arrived in an envelope today. Pleased that has worked out ok.

not sure if my GP will deliver my other meds.

havent heard from Annette

are you ok Annette 

Ruth 

• How are you with apps Ruth? Have you heard of Echo? And are you in England? 

You put in what meds you're on, the doses, and when you run out. Then it sends you an alert before you run out, you confirm if you need them or not, and a few days later the postman delivers them to you! It's fulfilled by Lloyd's pharmacy, so it's trustworthy, not random.

After horrible experiences with my local pharmacy, I switched and I'm very happy with it. 

Just a thought for folks, especially at the minute! 

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Lass

Hi Lass 

that app sounds ideal. I use some controlled drugs. I wonder if they post them? I suspect not. 
    xx