And here we go again

• 15 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hi All!

I trough after all this years of treatment, chemo, immun therapy, brain surgery and and and i'm getting used to it. But now, as my cancer is back and growing again..i start to think to much.

Will have my planing ct tomorrow and then start radiation for 12 days on my lung. Doc said, the tumor is growing just where the windpipe goes into my right lung, and if we dont stop it it will block the airway. Well that's not what i want. So i try to stay positive, as usual, and think, okay just lets go and kill it then.

The bad part is i will have to drive every day 300kms then...as here is all a but further away lol. I'm in Australia by the way.

Sometimes it would help if there was a button to turn the thinking off.

Thanks for listening Pet

• G'day Pet

Aw Pet, I'm so sorry to hear that your tumour is growing again and you're going to have to go through 12 days of radiation. Let's hope that it helps to kill the tumour and you can start enjoying your lovely sunshine that you're hopefully having. Here, we're getting blown away and having horrendously wet weather that's covering the whole of the UK, which is quite unusual. Here, it's 5 am, very dark and I can hear the wind still howling around outside. 

I saw that you had written 300km and thought you had made an error but then you said you are in Australia. To us, that's a helluva distance, almost 200 miles in our money! A day! I hope you have company, or even someone to do the driving for you. Maybe driving 300km is normal for you down there. I hope you weren't affected by the horrendous bush fires that made the  headline news up here for a while. 

Your post has an underlying theme of positivity, I trust I'm correct there, and I hope you can carry it through your 12 dsys. Whatever happens, I and many others in the group, I'm sure, are fully behind you and will support you through these tough times. 

For me now, my pains have subsided a fair bit so I'm going to try to get back to sleep. The winds are gusting outside but I'm in bed, I'm going to snuggle below the quilt and feel cosy again until the pains restart in 2 or 3 hours. 

Take care Pet, it's good to meet you.

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • Hi TV Man ! ( don't know how to get your Name so you get a notification)

Thanks for your reply. I hope you are all snuggled up and warm in your dreams now! Luckily we had no fire here at our place. But hey, you can have some degrees from me, we had 46 last week!!!! It's better now only 32 lol.

Yes here 300kms are just down the road, but i had to learn that to as i am original from Germany. 

I'm glad your pain is better and hope it will stay that way.

Sleep well , Pet

PS 4.48 PM here now Tuesday

• Hi Pet 

Yep, send us as much sunshine as you want, and warmth with it, it's sunny at times but maximum of 3°C.

Don't worry about me getting notifications, there's a box to be ticked at the bottom of my email for notifications and I have ticked it 3 or 4 years ago so all posts are sent to me. 

Just like to gently let you know that admin do not allow members to ask for other members' names because we are to have anonymity. If you want to use your first name you can, but otherwise you pick a username. If you want to contact me or let me know there's a message for me, use my username with @ immediately before it, no spaces at all. My username has a capital T followed by vman, again no spaces, so it is Tvman 

Admin may "gently warn you" about asking my name, don't worry, you didn't mean to ask me for my name, it was my username you wanted, to make sure I get the notification.

Take care Pet

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • Hi & I too would like a button to stop thinking, what a good idea Pet, and Hi and welcome, I don't think we have chatted before! As Tvman says, I too hope you have someone with you to share the driving! Does the hospital you go to not offer accommodation when you are a distance away? They do here in Scotland sometimes or reduced rates in a local hotel! TVman has explained how to make sure you notify him so @Tvman immediately followed with the 'return' key and you're all set!

Tvman, we are now in Spain where it has been 22 degrees since we arrived on Sunday. The takeoff was a bit dodgy as there was 80 mph winds and an hour after we left, no more flights made it out so we were very lucky! Our son, his wife and our grandson are also here, spending all day on the beach, in between going for drinks and ice cream to cool down! It's hard to believe we are only a 3 hour flight away from the hail and snow!

Take Care Everyone!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Annette

Keep enjoying the lovely weather and don't eat too much ice cream, leave some for me Slight smile

Take care Annette

Tvman xxx

Love life and family.
  • Hi Annette!

Spain is great and lovely weather there..enjoy your time there and eat as much ice cream as you like ( it's all yours :) )

And yes i was offered accommodation even fro free, but i just adopted an old dog ( 12 years) and she is a bit frighted alone with Hubby , so i will drive every day and if i get to tired Hubby can drive sometimes or i may stay a night. We will see.

Had the planning ct today, now i got my first own tattoo.. just three little points, but so i can shower and bathe as i want. 

Waiting for start termin now...

Have a nice time in Spain!!!!!!!!

Pet 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Pet1968

Hi

It is amazing what we will do for our dogs! They do keep us going though, with their waggy tails, wet noses and unconditional love. Do you listen to audiobooks? I find they are so good for long drives. 

I like the idea of a button to turn off the thinking. Keeping busy is my best remedy but sometimes even that’s hard to do when the fatigue kicks in. 

I must say I don’t envy you the high temperatures. I find it very hard to function when it’s hot, not least as I have to wear compression stockings. I love the idea of 22 degrees and sitting on the beach eating ice cream, however. Goodness you were lucky to get away, ! I know you’ll enjoy every minute of your holiday and I shall enjoy thinking of you sunning yourself while you watch the grandchildren 

Lots of love 

xxx

• Hi and everyone, Yes, I too like the idea of sitting on the beach eating ice cream in the heat BUT I JUST CANT DO IT! It's far too hot for me!  That's why we come in February, as it's usually a nice temperature of about 16-18 degrees and even at that, we look for the shade! I also have lymphodema and wear a compression stocking on my left leg but we went in for a paddle the other day and I took it off to feel the sand between my toes etc but once I got dry, I cokculdnt find it anywhere! My leg is now at least one and a half times  bigger than my right leg. I am now having problems with my right leg, as my left leg is so sore, I must be leaning on my right leg more than usual. I went into bed yesterday and had my legs raised up on a large cushion from the couch but it seemed not to make much difference! My GP told me a while ago that when travelling by air, to take one 75mg tablet per day for 5-7 days before and after the flight, to keep DVT at bay! That's the seventh day today and I'm not sure whether to continue with them or not since my leg is so swollen! Any ideas please will be very much appreciated! I've had two icecreams this week, which isn't too bad! Eh!! 

Our grandson and daughter in law went home yesterday! Our son is staying on for a few days longer! So that's nice! It was only one of our grandchildren who came this year.

Tc everyone and I hope the weather isn't too bad where you are. According to the news here, some places have it worse than others but they don't tell you where the worst places in the country are!

Stay safe everyone        

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi,

lovely for you to be in the sunshine.

good you were able to get a flight.

we are going to Cornwall next week with all the dogs and my daughter and her fiancée..and hope to have some sunshine away from this rain and wind.

sorry to hear about your leg such a shame to lose your stocking. There must be a place in Spain where you can buy them. You are not too far from Barcelona we visited Barcelona when we went to Salou.

paddling is so lovely I love the sea. We will have 2 weeks in Kefalonia in September.

i take 75 mg of aspirin every day along with all my meds. I take so many tablets now.

the lenvatinib and now 5 tablets everyday just for BP as well as all the others for calcium, vit  D, pain tablets,  heartburn the list goes on But they seem to be working. I do get tired but still have a quality of life.

not being able to drive anymore is weird. I drove for 50 years. But strangely I am glad to not drive any more and other people mainly my husband drive me everywhere. I don’t Wotton about causing an accident as junctions we’re getting difficult with my double vision even with the prism glasses.

enjoy what you can of the sunshine 

love Ruth x

Ruth 

• Worry about!

Ruth