PJ Days

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 13 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Hi peeps! Soz I've bn a bit quiet & not inputted much lately. 

Bn a lady of leisure (can I really call it that?).

Haven't bn at work for 2 weeks now & have 2 make up my mind wot I should b doing. My brain isn't pickled yet but the body (particularly this lymphedema arm/hand) is proving 2 b my downfall. Can't believe that all the flippin treatments I've bn through & it's this that stops everything. 

Little Miss Independent is incapable of doing much - driving, dressing (in anything other than baggy tshirts & loose denim shirts!), lifting anything, walking the dogs...oh the list could go on. Wot a whinge I am 2day.

I had a CT scan last week but not due 2 c Onc till 21st Feb (long time 2 normally c him), however his side kick BCN will probs fill me in - not expecting it 2 b brill & as it was only 6 days after the start of my latest chemo regime I doubt there's gonna a miracle.

Chums have bn v good about keeping my spirits up but sometimes u just cant b a****!. Never bn a PJ girl but 2day why bother.

Anyone else feeling the same? And how r u lifting ur spirits?

#glum #bored #wotnxt

WB xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Wee Blonde,

Only just managed to get dressed at midday haha. Had chemo yesterday so today the neutropenic lull.

Sorry to hear your arm/hand is misbehaving. That stops everything useful...except maybe being able to pick up a delicious cake with your working hand. That's always an option.

So today I'm going to brighten the day with a mini walk round the block and a session of just dance on the wii as all my stupid meds have made me porky. I look like I've swallowed a duvet.

Right...time for some 80s dance classics and a nice mug of char

Hope you find a little indoor sunshine today WB

Fishy xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Oh Fishy I will resemble a porky pig if I keep munching the way I am. They put me on steroids 2 help with the pain (& then kindly reminded me it might help with my appetite which has bn up & down). Plenty of post xmas sweeties & biscuits in my eyeline. Also Tesco were flogging big tubes of Smarties at 25p so I stocked up...yum yum.

Its quite a mild day in the north east of Scotland 2day & I really could shift my a*** out of this comfy chair. Think my sister would drag me out if she saw these messages. 

Oh crikey moses. Will start by moving off the chair & opening the back door...

Enjoy ur day hun

WB x

• FormerMember

Well I had an hours walk in the end! It's mild here too and although we've lost the lovely sunshine its not too bad for a pootle. Back on the sofa again mind...don't want to overdo it teehee.

Damn steroids, they were my downfall, well at least part of it. I've still got xmas goodies hanging around the kitchen too but just their existence seems to make me put on weight. You really shouldn't have told me about the Smarties!

I won't tell your sister you've been admiring the comfy chair. 

Take care 

Fishy xx

• FormerMember

Hi WB

I am almost too tired to even pick up the phone and read messages today. Sometimes a sofa/pj day is just what’s needed. Give in to it. 

Xxx

• FormerMember

If u want a laugh at my expense from y'day...the phone rang so I jumped up 2 answer it, foot got stuck 2 carpet, wibbbled & wobbled 2 the sideboard, collided with the radiator - answered the phone 2 hear those immortal words " I believe u've had an accident..." no s*** sherlock. And of course it was lymphedema arm I banged...aagghh.

Did eventually get dressed 2day at 4pm when I pulled my finger out! Went 4 a wee amble with hubbie & dogs as it was a mild night. Then returned home & had a v unhealthy but tasty fry up- something I never ever have. De-lish!!!

Hubbie tells me he's talking me out 4 lunch 2morrow- yippee time 2 take the bus pass out as still not able 2 drive (he's meeting me from his work in case ur wondering). A chance 2 also have a wander around the shops #happytimes #happyWB #treats

Take care pals

PS just starting 2 read "All that Remains- A Life in Death" by Sue Black prof of anatomy & forensic anthropology- not sure if this is 4 me or not....the things u read 4 work

WB x

• Oh WB, you should have left the phone! I hope your arm is not too painful. I am having a sofa day tomorrow, the weather forecast is not good. We had a walk today which is really good considering I had my chemotherapy yesterday. 

Take care xx

Flowerlady x
  • FormerMember

You and the others are what lifts my spirit, can't stop laughing at FISH swallowing a duvet and you tripping to the phone, it's my dark side, I blame the drugs!! Why are you reading such a cheerful book, it would make me eat more buns! Well I think I should get up out of my comfy chair, can't believe I am sitting watching a programme where the excitement is caused by plastic tokens sliding down a glass box. I think that is what it is about? but I can't find the remote control! Enjoy your duvet days my dear friends we can start practising for the chair marathon in spring! Love to all xx Pat

• FormerMember

Enjoy your lunch today ! 

xx

• FormerMember

Its amazing what the thought of food does 2 u! I'm up dressed, bn poked & prodded by district nurse & now have my "face on" - ready 2 face the world. And it's still lovely & mild up north.

That book on death is fascinating & I was still at it at 1.30am....followed by Paddington 2 on iplayer lol till silly o'clock.

TTFN peeps

WB xx

• Hi

Oh so sorry to hear of your lymphedema that has forced you to take time off work. I know a few of us have tried to get you to change your mind but tbh I also realise that the craic between you, your co-workers and customers is well worth going to work for, it's a release. 

I don't know why but I have an image in my mind's eye of a little blonde lady almost totally encased in a dalmatian onesie Slight smile Am I far wrong lol?

Tvman xx

Love life and family.