Living with incurable cancer - incurable patients only

This group is specifically for people with an incurable or terminal diagnosis. Whether you need to talk about dying, or about making the most of your life, you can discuss your feelings openly here.

Oh no!

Gragon
Posted by

The cheapest one at Screwfix is under £15.

Gragon x

Kym66
Posted by

Oh tvman

I dont know if I should cry 4 u

God forgive me

Or laugh my head off

I'm glad your brother in law saved your day n you made it to have Christmas dinner

Kym xx

Kym xx 

tvman
Posted by

Hi

I am laughing at myself, my family are laughing with me, so please join us and laugh at the situation I was in. I can't remember who it was but they are correct in saying that I don't need to buy a key safe because you can bet your last pound that I will NEVER let that happen again. So I repeat myself, have a good laugh, we all are. 

I'm very happy though that you were ready to cry for me, thank you.

Tvman xx

My philosophy is simple, love life and family.
Kym66
Posted by

kym xx

Kym xx 

tvman
Posted by

Thank you , that's affordable, but I will NEVER be doing that again lol

Tvman

tvman
Posted by

Hi

You rascal

Tvman xx

Johnty
Posted by

Dear as you can see from all the responses your post has generated that whilst we are all very relieved you came to no harm, it has also given us all a little chuckle. In my mind you will be forever more Frank Spencer reborn. So from now on whenever you are answering the door put your mobile phone in your dressing gown pocket and keep your slippers on ! just in case, and that’s an order ! ! !

best wishes

jane

“ A trouble shared is a trouble halved “
tvman
Posted by

Hi and and all Frank Spencer fans

I was tempted to say that Frank Spencer was before my time, I'm only 61 lol but I was desperately hoping for any car or van to come by so I could jump onto the bonnet or roof and cling on as far as my mother in law's house! Unfortunately nothing passed me as I limped, bent over double, hanging onto field gates, trees and hedges.

I've managed to find a steel key safe on Amazon for £7.59 with free delivery. Now to get a set of keys copied.

Keep laughing everyone, I now smile when I think about it , I think.

Tvman xx

JackD
Posted by

Now that I have just read your post. I can understand the Frank Spencer feedback. I bet this is going to be a big part of the Christmas Day talk.  Good job Peter was there. Glad you are okay. 

Live the best you can. Love yourself, then everybody else will love and respect you in turn. Laugh...I don’t laugh enough, that is one thing I should do more of as I take life too seriously. 
Bartki
Posted by

OMG poor you, you are both inspirational (for still going out after all that trauma) and a trooper, I hope you are recovering ok.

MCLkid
Posted by

Hi TVman,

Incredible story, what a nightmare- glad you made it to safely with no infection after. Another thought for back door/garden hiding. They make small hollow rocks just for this purpose -perfect for garden key hiding.

Stay well no happy!

Hugs

millie

MCLkid
Educating myself about this disease.
tvman
Posted by

Hi Millie

Yes, I've seen those rocks, I was surprised I didn't see them when I googled key safes. 

Have you moved house or is it too early yet? 

Tvman xx

MCLkid
Posted by

Dear TVman,

My house no longer in escrow the lady’s family nixed the deal. Back on the market.

So poor me, I have to send a couple more months in Kauai ;-) a silver lining of sorts . When something bad happens I always ask what is good about this? I usually find something.

As for the Key Rock, go to Amazon and search 

“hide key rock” when I did a lot of them popped up. 

You may want a couple of them ;-)

I’m so glad you did not get sick TVman.  Coincidentally, I got locked out of my house a month ago. Two neighbors had keys but could not locate them ... go figure I now have a key safe myself. 

I return to Kauai on December 23rd  I’ll get my garden in shape and send photos to cheer you up in the cold of winter.  

Do you put out bulbs vases with hyacinths in the house during cold of winter, when I stay in Mill Valley I do and Amaryllis in pots in the house. Actually  I have Amaryllis in Kauai right now. Really cheers up Christmas. Also I have herbs growing inside on any sunny windows sills.

Hugs to you and to all our friends in the community and happy rock hunting!!

Millie

MCLkid
Gragon
Posted by

Hi / Millie,

Does it make me a bad person that I am a little bit pleased that we will still be able to get descriptions of your Kauai garden for a little bit longer.  It is lovely to hear the descriptions of flowers that I know growing freely in a much warmer climate.

I do of course hope that you can find a buyer for your house but perhaps when our weather improves a bit over here?

love and hugs,

Gragon xx

MCLkid
Posted by

Ahh Gragon,

Thanks for your kind words-!it makes me happy too . 

Hugs,

millie

MCLkid