We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Living with incurable cancer - incurable patients only

This group is specifically for people with an incurable or terminal diagnosis. Whether you need to talk about dying, or about making the most of your life, you can discuss your feelings openly here.

Not Out Yet!

Wee blonde
Posted by

So I go prepared 4 the worst- no more treatments left - and I come away with a new regime 2 try...

I'm not expecting miracles but the Onc has given me another regime 2 try - Carboplatin! I've had one dose of it previously in conjunction with another drug last year but that was just prior 2 my v scary 2 week admission 2 hosp with Sepsis so it was pulled cos I felt so dreadful.

I was expecting "that conversation" & had worked myself up 2day. But went back 2 work & could still function. 

So now on a mini break from treatment till 3rd Jan. Roll on nxt week when I take off 2 Edinburgh 2 catch up with daughter & the xmas markets.

Hugs 2 all

WB xx

Wee blonde

Hard working,  bubbly, positive

ellie68
Posted by

Hi WB

So pleased some thing else was pulled from the hat.

Enjoy your break and time with daughter.

Take Care Ellie xx

"You Never Walk A Lone"

tvman
Posted by

Hugs to you too

Tvman xx

My philosophy is simple, love life and family.
Roobarb
Posted by

So pleased to hear this and a big hug back.  Have a fabulous time in Edinburgh with your daughter, it does look so lovely at this time of year xxxxx

daloni
Posted by

Oooh platinum therapy. It’s an oldie but it’s got a long track record. Fingers crossed 

xxx

Tinalay
Posted by

that's the best news, I will hope for a miracle!

Have a great time with your daughter, and enjoy the Edinburgh Christmas Market.  xx

Tinalay 
daloni
Posted by

Hi WB

How’s your break going? Is your daughter home yet? Mine will be back next week. Woo hoo!  

I hope you are having a blast and enjoying lots of Christmas parties 

xxx

Wee blonde
Posted by

Thanks Daloni 

I'm back 2 work 2day & 2morrow then off on the train 2 Edinburgh 2 catch up with ma girl (who 2day is v stressed as it's her last ever exam!!). Long journey down but a good book & no doubt a wee snooze will pass the time.

Planning on squeezing lots into our short break including our fav Chinese restaurant in the whole wide world & a trip 2 the Lantern show at Edinburgh Zoo (it u get a chance google it).

Slumming it at her flat 4 one night then a treat of the Holiday Inn 4 the 2nd night then after a hearty breakfast we will begin the long drive home (her not me...I'm the sleeping co-pilot).

Can't wait 4 her 2 b home as xmas starts then including getting the tree up.

Start counting those days till ur girl is back

Off 2 work I go...

WB xx

Wee blonde

daloni
Posted by

That all sounds wonderful, WB. I am off to google said lantern show. 

Have fun. Safe journeys. Hugs n stuff 

xx

Lass
Posted by

I'm intrigued WB, which Chinese is your fave and why? 

The Chinese lanterns were up for my brothers wedding which was at the zoo, so I saw a few of them there. But it also comes to the park down the road from me quite regularly. So I've managed a wee donder round it once. Def recommend it! 

Lass

Xx

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. - Thich Nhat Hanh

Wee blonde
Posted by

Lass

We really like the Cool Jade which just happens 2 b across the road from the zoo but that's just coincidence. 

We also really enjoyed one in Berlin 2 years ago. However, that summer was one of the hottest ever so I couldnt enjoy the food 2 the max as I was melting. But seeing the chef cut up the whole duck in front of us was amazing - that was one sharp machete!!!

Just hope the weather improves cos public transport was affected, lorries overturned & the markets closed 2day...

Ciao

WB xx

Wee blonde

Lass
Posted by

Funnily enough, we went there for a family meal the night before the wedding cause some family were in the hotel across the road. Food was really good, but they sadly don't deliver. Though my youngest brother has said he'd happily walk down and collect if mum and dad pay. Lol

Cause if you're looking at the zoo, the first road you come to on the left is where my parents live and I mostly grew up. We can see the penguin enclosure from the front garden, and when we were playing in the back we could hear the lions, seal, monkeys, and more.

Fingers crossed the weather improves for you! I head home a week on Sat, so hoping trains are all OK for then! 

Lass

Xx

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. - Thich Nhat Hanh

daloni
Posted by

What a great place to grow up,

xx

anndanv
Posted by

Hi WB, Glad you have a new plan! Edinburgh does Christmas very well. Glasgow used too, many moons ago but Edinburgh being the capital, has more money to spend!

The fact you'll be with your daughter, you will both enjoy it and there's always plenty to do indoors if the weather turns bad! Just enjoy one another's company!

Yes, that's the Chinese we use when we are through too, it's like a Michelin Star Chinese! Yum! I hope your daughters last exam turns out to be easy for her!

Enjoy your last week or so Lass!

Of course we have been to Edinburgh Markets a lot and have now been to several at home and abroad, the atmosphere is great!

Enjoy the crowds, if you can peeps!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!