Panto

• 8 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Morning all,

Anndanv pointed out that with our great acting skills we could put on a great panto. I've been chuckling away at Lass's new thread, some of the antics last night make me wonder if we're already in one and really should be immortalised!

As identical twins the only roles open to us were tweedledum and tweedledee and the ugly sisters, no fairy queen for me.

Daloni, lovely as you are you can absolutely be the wicked witch! You'll have to act your socks off but you're no stranger to that.

At the drama group I volunteer with we choose a panto, then everyone chooses a role and a couple of lines they'd like included. My very talented friends write the play around everyone's ideas. So Peter Pan had a unicorn in it, the crocodile eats chocolate eclairs and even the non verbal members have a speaking role and sign while someone else says their lines. Naturally I bawled my eyes out the first time I saw their panto. We're doing Aladdin at the moment. He wishes for Princess Jasmine but gets Kate Bush by accident, (one the guys in drag) ..and for lots of money so we're singing and dancing to 'If I were a Rich Man' and 'I'm a Believer'  and there's a talking monkey, a Benny Hill type chase scene based on someone doing a tough mudder, oh, and a chocolate eclair Slight smile

I'd like to be a fairy queen, but with ninja skills to despatch anyone who mentions being run over by a bus. Could we also have a bus do you think? 

xx

• A Benny Hill chase would be funny! Hope all goes well for you today, Tinalay.

X

Flowerlady x
  • Thank you Flowerlady. Are you coming to the meet  up on 16th? I hope so xx

Tinalay 
    Every bad situation is a blues song waiting to happen.
    Amy Winehouse.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

You do make me laugh, . I can see why you enjoy volunteering at the drama group so much. 

I was the type of school girl who volunteered for everything and with a mum who was a devoted church goer and insistent on my joining the church youth club, I did my fair share of am dram as a youngster. Oddly enough I was often cast in the wicked witch / dastardly villain role. 

As for the bus, I couldn’t agree with you more. Perhaps we could blow it up?

xxx

• Daloni, that made me laugh out loud just when it was needed. Would you like to help write the script? 

The image of a Benny Hill chase scene culminating in the bus blowing up is extremely satisfying xx

Tinalay 
    Amy Winehouse.
  • On the theme of Carry On, and as a bit of a dark humoured, tongue in cheek esque moment.... (and I do hope this doesn't offend or upset anyone as that's the LAST thing I'd want to do!).....

I feel it should be a fake boob that inflates and inflates causing an explosion, that in turn causes the proverbial bus to explode!

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Lass

Our cancer victim heroine could be saved from the oncoming bus by the giant fake boob being thrown into its path 

• Lass and Daloni I can see the creative juices are flowing. Brilliant. Quite brilliant lol xx

Tinalay 
    Amy Winehouse.
  • Lass & Daloni, Well, I want some of what you two have been drinking please!

I joined the local am dram group one October and was given a part to read in a play they had already started a fortnight before. The practise started and I was looking at my script trying to find when my turn to speak was. After only a minute or two I was horrified to find out the play was written by a Glaswegean Writer in that dialect ( example: "geeusahon" translation "give me a hand"!) I was totally lost I could neither understand a word nor speak like that! Although I was born and bred in Glasgow, my mum sent myself, two sisters and brother to elocution lessons from the age of four! I tried to follow the play and was panicking as I turned the page to see my character's name (Senga or Agnes backwards) I just froze! Everyone was waiting for my opening lines and all I could say was " I'm sorry, I don't understand a word of this! My husband translates for me when Billy Connelly is on and also when we get The Sunday Post he reads Oor Wullie & The Broons out to me in English so I can then laugh at it!  Of course they thought I was kidding but realised I wasn't when I left & never went back!

I then joined the Scottish National Choir (they sung in English btw) plus a local Shakespearean company and loved every minute!

Can I drive the bus? As long as it's a double decker please!!!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!