Living with incurable cancer - incurable patients only

This group is specifically for people with an incurable or terminal diagnosis. Whether you need to talk about dying, or about making the most of your life, you can discuss your feelings openly here.

YOU NEVER KNOW THE MINUTE!!!

tvman
Posted by

Hi Ruth

Happy birthday to you  . Have a great day

You have the right idea about enjoying life, that's what we have to do. Someone up there likes you, you're going to be able to relax, to a certain extent, over Christmas, no treatment. 

I feel sorry for those that are sleeping rough over Christmas although part of me is wondering if they are professional beggars. Instead of giving them money in case it's spent on drink or drugs, I nip in somewhere and buy them a hot sausage roll or a burger or similar. I've never yet been turned down because the recipient is vegetarian or vegan! It's not as easy to pass them whilst suddenly becoming interested on the opposite pavement. I'm in a chair, slowly coming towards them at their height. I usually get a cheerful hello because they have sympathy. 

Enjoy the rest of your day, Ruth. Btw, what's a Marla?

Tvman xx 

My philosophy is simple, love life and family.
Gragon
Posted by

Hi ,

Happy Birthday and I hope you have a lovely time both today at the market on Saturday.

love and hugs,

Gragon xx

ruthjp
Posted by

Meant to say a meal not Maria it’s the computer changes the words !

Ruth age 66

acc R submandibular gland wth lung mets liver met and brain mets 

Tinalay
Posted by

Happy, happy birthday Ruth,

hope you have a lovely evening. Enjoy the treatment break too, I hope you'll have a few more birthdays to look forward to xx

Tinalay 
ruthjp
Posted by

Thank you everyone for your good birthday wishes xxx

Ruth age 66

acc R submandibular gland wth lung mets liver met and brain mets 

daloni
Posted by

Happy birthday ! I hope you are being spoiled today. I’m not sure rightly what a Marla might be but I hope it’s fun 

lots of love 

xxx

tvman
Posted by

Had me foxed too , predictive text has a lot to answer for lol.

Tvman xx

tvman
Posted by

Well, it's my turn to get results. I'm at the cancer unit now, so far I've been weighed and the nurse has said that my white and red cells are low. Just waiting to see the doctor to find out if I've to stay with the weekly injection or change tack. Shouldn't be too long before I see him or her. 

Really busy here today especially in the car park. Nurses have been on strike for 3 days this week for the first time ever in Northern Ireland. 

I'm going to see a former work colleague in ICU after this, he's been in 4 or 5 weeks after collapsing somewhere. He passed his official retirement date in hospital, if he hadn't taken ill he would have been retired now. He hasn't had any other visitors apart from the family since he came in. The nurse has agreed to me going in if the family say it's fine, he'll get a big surprise when he sees me. We did the same job for nearly 40 years, just the last 12 with the same company although we knew of each other. Great respect both ways.

Have to see the doctor soon. I've been here over an hour, almost an hour and a half.

Tvman x

daloni
Posted by

I’m sending you all best wishes
It will be my turn on Monday to get scan results  I had a call today asking me to come in ahead of the scheduled immunotherapy date on 18th. I’m trying not to read anything into it 

xx