Another clinical trial

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 8 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Hi

Well I signed on the dotted line for another clinical trial today. It seems I can’t keep away from the trials unit. 

This time it’s a new kind of immunotherapy called mov18. It’s only six weeks with a three hour infusion once a week, overnight  hospital stays in weeks one and two; CT scans before and at weeks 3 and 6; and biopsies before and after. 

I am sceptical as to whether I’ll get any benefit. This is one for the scientists. I figure that the reason I am alive now is because others have been guinea pigs before me so I will do this for those that come after me. 

Here’s a link for those who like that kind of thing 

https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/find-a-clinical-trial/a-trial-looking-at-mov18-ige-for-advanced-solid-tumours

Kick off is mid October so wish me luck! 

Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well done for signing up even though you don't expect to benefit, Daloni. Taking one for the team.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi daloni, that sounds good, immunotherapy is the future and trials teams are so wonderful, why would we refuse?!!

i hope it goes well,I understand your feeling about it but I know someone on a phase 1 trial who is stable as a result so hope for the same for you! The treatment must have some potential to get as far as a trial.  Do you have to do a new biopsy or can they use one from the previous trials?

anyway I have everything crossed it goes well, love h xxxx

• FormerMember

Hi

Thanks - that’s great to hear. 

They will need new biopsies unfortunately. There’s a chance the radiologist will say it’s not safe given the position and size of the blighters 

fingers crossed! 

Xx

• FormerMember

Everything crossed for you Daloni xxxx

• Good luck Daloni. I hope you do gain some benefit. You will be in the thoughts of the many people you help here I'm sure xx

• FormerMember

Daloni,

Fingers crossed!

Nothing says it won’t work so it’s worth the try. 

Hugs

Millir

• And good luck from me too Daloni, I hope you get a lot of benefit from it.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Must all seem a bit daunting Daloni, that's a hellava lot to deal with in a six week period.

My Consultant has said that he will look for a clinical trial when the time comes. He also said it would be unlikely to help me, but would help those that follow, just as former trials provided the treatment that has kept me alive so far. 

So I get it, as AP7 said, taking one for the team. I wish you the very best of luck, and hope you do get some benefit from it. Have everything crossed for you. xx

Tinalay 
    Every bad situation is a blues song waiting to happen.
    Amy Winehouse.