Living with incurable cancer - incurable patients only

This group is specifically for people with an incurable or terminal diagnosis. Whether you need to talk about dying, or about making the most of your life, you can discuss your feelings openly here.

SIX MONTH CHECK!

daloni
Posted by

Hi Annette 

yes I remember thinking “I must teach my husband x, y and z housework tasks” although as things turned out I never got round to it. His comment after he left and had to run his own domestic life was “there is such a lot to do”. Well, yes. There is. 

I didn’t do anything unusual after I was told I was incurable. Immediately after diagnosis and for quite a while my life cane to a sort of standstill. I was very afraid, very angry and very sad. I had to learn how to live again. So I think that was the most valuable thing I did. 

I wonder if the desire to decorate is all part of the business of putting your life in order? Thinking about your suite, surely it’s time for new covers now? 

Xx

anndanv
Posted by

Hi Daloni, Immediately after diagnosis, all I kept thinking about was funerals! Oh I did get new covers for my suite and have had other new ones since then!!! I don't let the grass grow under my feet now, if I want something,mI get it! Life's too short!! Eh

Love Annette x

daloni
Posted by

I am with you 100% Annette. 

Xxx

tvman
Posted by

Hi Annette

100% agree with that one, Annette. Hope you enjoy your holiday, starts tomorrow, 27th. I remember that because it's my 40th Wedding Anniversary. TBH, I didn't think I was going to see it after diagnosis, March 2015. After tomorrow, I'll start looking forward to our 50th

Take care and have a great time.

Tvman xx

My philosophy is simple, love life and family.
daloni
Posted by

Have a wonderful holiday . I can’t wait to hear all about it 

xxx

anndanv
Posted by

Hi Tvman, Well many congratulations to you both! Yes I know exactly what you mean! Our 48th Wedding Anniversary is on the 2nd October! We've been going away every year at this time for a very long time now and one of the few we have missed was in 2013 when I was diagnosed and we thought we wouldn't be able to go on holiday over our anniversary again....yet here we are! Miracles do happen! We will reach our 50th ahead of you but isn't it great being able to look forward with positivity! Onward  and upward my friend! Have a terrific day!  Take Care 

Love Annette x

anndanv
Posted by

Thanks Daloni, I'm sure we will! Although we go at this time of year and then again Feb/Mar because it's a bit cooler. However it's about 26degrees there now and that's way too hot for me but I've got my sun hat, long sleeves and lots of factor 50!  Take Care 

Love Annette x

Roobarb
Posted by

Hi have a wonderful wedding anniversary, and congratulations on your 6 month check if not all the horrible side effects, I hope you have a wonderful holiday - when you and daloni and tvman say now you do not let the grass grow under your feet, well that gives me a lot of hope, and something to aim for, so thank you all for that.

and I hope you have a wonderful 40th anniversary too, I know you have had hard things to deal with lately, so I hope you have a lovely day when it comes,

love h xxxx

tvman
Posted by

Hi Roobarb

Many many thanks for your kind words, our anniversary is tomorrow, so there's a bottle of champagne keeping chilled and tomorrow night we're staying in one of the best hotels in Northern Ireland, having a meal there also and then we'll travel to the north coast to stay somewhere there. The coast is so rugged, the beaches so vast, deserted and smooth and the waves can crash onto the rocks, throwing spray high into the air. Look to our left and North America is over a few horizons.

I am sure we'll enjoy the weekend, Roobarb, you enjoy yours too.

Tvman xx

My philosophy is simple, love life and family.