Living with incurable cancer - incurable patients only

This group is specifically for people with an incurable or terminal diagnosis. Whether you need to talk about dying, or about making the most of your life, you can discuss your feelings openly here.

Need a Bag of Peas

anndanv
Posted by

Hi WB, I'm so sorry to hear about your wound troubles. I can empathise with you because when I had a groin dissection the stitches all burst because of infection and was so inflamed there was no way the sides would come together. In the end I was sent home with a Vax machine which worked to pump out everything (yuck won't go into detail) that wasn't meant to be in it. The district nurses came in three times a day for 2 months then twice a day for four months before it started to dry up a bit! It seemed like years at the time but it did eventually dry and join together. I also have problems with cannulas and cringe when I see them coming to put one in! We could be sisters!! If you are going to have regular chemo for a while, could they maybe put a pick line or similar for the duration?  Anyway it won't last forever, it will sort itself out. In the meantime a nice walk (but a shorter one next time) and lunch sounds like a great thing to fill in the time! Take Care 

Love Annette x