Home Again

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 46 subscribers

So the plan was: have the radiotherapy planning session 2day then check into CLAN (accommodation 4 cancer patients undergoing treatment) & then have 5 days of radiotherapy.

But not how it went. Had the planning then given appt card 4 nxt Mon. Eh? Said I? Yep all change. My treatment plan won't b ready till Mon so home I travelled with my wee case...

Annoying cos:

a)thought I might eventually get relief from alien boob, baby alien boob & alien armpit - a lot of lumps & bumps now

b)need to re-schedule my leave from work - I'd knocked myself out y'day making sure everything was up 2 date & all could run smoothly for 3 weeks

c)hubbie needs 2 adjust his hols as he'd booked his so he would b available 4 his chauffeur & dogsitting duties

d)need 2 update all friends & family (again!)

Really hacked off with how big alien is behaving - the tumour has burst the skin, oozes, smells & on Sun night bleed - sorry if I've made u run 4 the sick bucket...Think I could get a job as an extra in a horror movie.

Another delay b4 starting the next & final chemo regime...haven't had any treatment of any sorts except the Herceptin jab since mid May #worryingtimes

night night girls & boys

WB xx

• Hi WB,  No wonder you are annoyed, especially having arranged everything for when they originally said your treatment would start! Then it's back to the drawing board! I do hope your husband's employer is understanding! I know you have made light about your "alien' because that is your way of coping but seriously you must be so disappointed things aren't being done with the matter of urgency needed! It must be so very uncomfortable for you. Is the pain under control at least!!

I do hope everything goes ahead on Monday as now planned and the chemo has done and will hopefully continue to do its job! Good luck and if they even mention delay again, it's up to you to let them know that's just not good enough! We have to stand up for ourselves as sometimes it feels as if they are going through the motions but if it was a relative of theirs, they would be the first to speak up!

It's nice to see you back posting! I think this group got lost a while back for one reason or another but now we are back supporting one another, which is the aim of this group! Take Care 

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi there ,

It is so infuriating when they do things like that.  If you have the energy it might be worth contacting PALS so that they can remind the medics how disruptive such changes are.

In England if a tradesperson does not attend as arranged once then that is regarded as acceptable as unexpected circumstances arise sometimes.  However, if they fail to attend a second time as arranged you can claim for any costs incurred as a result of them not meeting their side of the contract.  I don't see that hospitals should be any different as when they do this it is so more disruptive and worrying than not getting your carpet fitted or your cooker fixed.

Sorry to hear that your lumps and bumps are doing what they do, it sounds horrendous and I hope that the treatment gives you some relief.  We are all thinking of you and hoping that the rest of the week goes much better for you.

love and hugs to you (and your chauffeur)

Gragon xx