Living with incurable cancer - incurable patients only

This group is specifically for people with an incurable or terminal diagnosis. Whether you need to talk about dying, or about making the most of your life, you can discuss your feelings openly here.

ITS BEEN A WHILE FOLKS!!

anndanv
Posted by

Hi John, I was sorry to hear about your wife but glad she got through it. What sort of problems have lingered, if you don't mind me asking? So your wife was also in hospital for a spinal op too! You don't expect to go in for an op and then after you come out, feel worse!      I was allergic to the internal stitches so when I started to feel unwell, it was put down to that until I just got worse and worse, then they decided to take urine & blood samples and that's when E-coli was confirmed. They wanted to take me back to the same hospital but I said I'd rather not, so they decided to treat me at home. The District Nurses were amazing! I must say, I know the infection has cleared now but I still don't feel 'right'!  I'm wondering if your wife has had any other treatment o is she just dealing with it herself? 

Love Annette x

anndanv
Posted by

Hi John, I was sorry to hear about your wife but glad she got through it. What sort of problems have lingered, if you don't mind me asking? So your wife was also in hospital for a spinal op!  You don't expect to go in for an op and then after you come out, feel worse!      I was allergic to the internal stitches so when I started to feel unwell, it was put down to that until I just got worse and worse, then they decided to take urine & blood samples and that's when E-coli was confirmed. They wanted to take me back to the 'same' hospital but I said I'd rather not, so they decided to treat me at home. The District Nurses were amazing! I must say, I know the infection has cleared now but I still don't feel 'right'!  I'm wondering if your wife has had any other treatment o is she just dealing with it herself? 

Love Annette x

anndanv
Posted by

Thanks for your reply Lynn. A pork pie eh!! I've never liked them! I wonder if the butcher was charged when he failed a hygiene inspection? I'm surprised the deli you went to actually bought them from that butcher. I hope he has since been closed down now! How are you doing Lynn? 

Love Annette x

John Boy2
Posted by

She came through but has lost some hearing (known side effect of meningitis) and has never recovered full mobility. Gets around the house with a Zimmer, but needs a wheelchair when we go out. Unfortunately had a couple of falls indoors which resulted in her fracturing her left and, and two fractures to the right leg. She has been in hospital for just over 6 weeks now so not getting much downtime at the moment. I pick up next batch of meds tomorrow, with a 3 month scan planned for beginning of August

Per Ardua Ad Astra
John Boy2
Posted by

That should of been left LEG. Currently she has both legs in plaster and, luckily, has been moved to the local "cottage" hospital for recuperation so can visit daily after work on my way home.

Per Ardua Ad Astra
anndanv
Posted by

Hi John, I was so sorry to read that your wife has been in hospital for such a long time. It's good she has been moved to a cottage hospital when it makes visiting easier for you but hospital visiting is so exhausting! I also have very limited mobility and use elbow crutches at home or for a short distance but have to use a wheelchair when going a bit further. My goodness, that's a lot of broken bones, poor thing, has she been tested for osteoporosis? Do you know when they are taking off the plasters? I'm assuming she will need a lot of physiotherapy once they do come off! It seems that most people "living with cancer" also have lots of other things to cope with as well, as they say it never rains but it pours! I hope your wife is comfortable and will soon be on the mend! 

Love Annette x