Living with incurable cancer - incurable patients only

This group is specifically for people with an incurable or terminal diagnosis. Whether you need to talk about dying, or about making the most of your life, you can discuss your feelings openly here.

The cat was the final straw.

daloni
Posted by

Jeez ! She really has no idea. Do not let her near you. A sachet of movicol? As if! If it was that simple, you wouldn’t be where you are. 

Good luck! 

Xx

Tinalay
Posted by

FFS!!!

If you made a soap opera about it all no one would believe you. Please tell me you're not in Jimmy's, but a tiny cottage hospital somewhere in the sticks so we can send in a rescue team....

Really hope you get what you need today Lass. Big hugs xx

Tinalay 
Gragon
Posted by

Hi ,

Have you got plenty of ink in your pen for when they ask you to fill in the satisfaction survey!  Why are some people allowed to get away with being crap at taking blood.  I have a blood test every 6 weeks and they can hit the vein first time every time so there is nothing wrong with my veins, the staff on the CT scanner much less skilled, some of the nurses on the wards are rubbish.  They should either retrain them or stop them using needles.

Try telling them that movicol has no chance but a gin cocktail with some fizz and sweetened rhubarb juice works wonders.  It may or may not move anything but it tastes nice and after a few you feel a lot better as well.

I hope that you can get out of hospital soon,

love and hugs,

Gragon xx

Lynn2
Posted by

Wow Lass, are you sure she is a nurse ? i wouldn't be having her near me again either. As for unexplained pain, i was called a malingerer in not so many words but still got the pain !!!

Lynn 2. xx

kirky68
Posted by

Ah Lass. Sure this is all you need. Hope the bigwigs manage to get to the bottom of things soon. 

In the meantime ask for the vein whisperer, every ward has one

Button16
Posted by

Oh no Lass! Totally shit news...

Get out soon or send an sos and we'll come rescue you! X

Lass
Posted by

Daloni, 

She came into the room earlier today with a cannula cart and I wanted to hide. Luckily, she wasn't coming for me! And yeh, funnily enough, the sachet last night and the sachet this morning did sod all.

Tinalay, 

I was in Jimmy's. Chancellor Wing Surgical Assessment Unit. Lol

Gragon, 

Funnily enough, they didn't ask me to full one out and there were none in the unit to be found.... Now, I've had some bad bruises before from blood draws. But not from anything the nurse did so far as I could tell. She was just horrific!

Rhubarb certainly has some laxative properties.... 

Lynn, 

Maybe not. She was in a green uniform that's apparently not a nurse. It's something else, but they are the ones who do all the blood draws as it's not a nurse job on that unit. Who knows, politics! Lol

Kirky and Button

More than you know.... Shit and bottom. Lol

This is what I'm currently drinking. Its a litre and a half of fizzy water, ice, green banana juice, and 6 sachets of Macrogol. I've also got two senna tablets to take before bed. 

Bigwigs looked at everything and have decided that I started with the Postpolypectomy electrocoagulation syndrome. This caused swelling around the clips holding me together. Then I was told to take regular painkillers, which I did and increased as the pain increased. So they think the narrowing of my bowel coupled with my pain killers has stopped me up. 

Seems that my scans and Xrays have shown everything backing up more and more. So they are presuming the syndrome is over and fine, and this is just an old fashioned case of constipation in the middle of my bowel. But not an obvious one, because the positioning of it means that some can still get by the blockage so my bowel habits haven't changed.

FFS. 

Least I'm home! And hopefully, this cocktail will mean it's all over tomorrow! Fingers crossed! 

Lass

Xx

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. - Thich Nhat Hanh

flowerlady
Posted by

Blimey Lass, that looks sore. Has your cocktail worked?

X

Flowerlady x
Lass
Posted by

Still drinking it. Not expecting movement until tomorrow though. And yes, my arm smarts. It's a very fetching shade of purple just now.  Lol

Lass

Xx

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. - Thich Nhat Hanh

daloni
Posted by

Thank goodness you’re home. I hope you start to feel. Eyes soon 

xx

Lass
Posted by

I was out of there like a shot! The Dr started to ask if I could cope at home or did I want to stay in. I didn't let her finish and said I'd go home for sure. As soon as they left, I was up, grabbing clothes, changing, then with prescription in hand I was out of there. A whole 5 mins after they'd gone it took me. Lol

Nurse fuzzy face, aka pissy pants, has been looking after me and being supercute since I got home. I think she knows I'm not right.

Lass

Xx

Maybug
Posted by

She’s gorgeous. The cutest little face. 

I can’t go on. I’ll go on. (Samuel Beckett)
Lass
Posted by

Nine and a half hours in the hospital today, sent there by my GP as my stomach is still fucking sore and ridiculously swollen. No food, no daily meds, 1 lot of pain killers. 

Told them when I got there at 3:30 I'd need Xrays to check the impacted area to see if the week of 8 sachets of Macrogol a day and 2 Senna had worked or not. Went for Xrays at 10pm.

Xrays show that things have moved and nothing looks impacted. So we are back to not knowing wtf is wrong, though there is very clearly and definitely something wrong. 

Sent home at 1am, told I'll be called tomorrow with a time to return for a scan - she wasn't sure if it would be an ultrasound, an MRI, or a CT scan, or a mixture. After the scan, I get to go back to that god awful unit to wait for the results and to see what happens next. Oh, and the scan needs to be a fasting scan. Cause why not eh!

I just need this to be done now please. 

Lass

Xx

kirky68
Posted by

OMG Lass what a nightmare. 

Hope you get this sorted once and for all in the morning. 

Hugs P xx

daloni
Posted by

Crikey . That’s not what I’d call a good day. I really hope they can get to the bottom of this - and help you feel more comfortable 

love and hugs xx