Living with incurable cancer - incurable patients only

This group is specifically for people with an incurable or terminal diagnosis. Whether you need to talk about dying, or about making the most of your life, you can discuss your feelings openly here.

Green Hands

Wee blonde
Posted by

Thanks.Daisy Doo. I was able to tell the Eribulin wasnt working by the continued growth of alien boob & also baby alien boob. They look a right mess now & though the tumours haven't broken the skin (yet), theres bn chaffing right were the underwire of my bra sits - have reverted to wearing sports bras & crop top thingys. I also have an enlarged lymph node under my arm.

It's funny how u know urself things aren't working despite the medics saying "give the treatment time..."

Not sure about the next one - all depends on wot the surgeon says. I have a depressing feeling he'll say no but wot else will I do?

Abs knackered now as we were up at 4am & took child 2 airport & back by 8am. A 120 mile round trip 

#lazyday #sofawednesday #matchsticks4myeyes

Ciao all

WB xx

Wee blonde

Hard working,  bubbly, positive

Daisydoo38
Posted by

Yuck early starts are never fun.  Afternoon nap time?!!

I also call mine an alien boob!  Seems to be similar in description and intelligence. Stupid things.   Will have everything crossed that they just move on down the list of things to try.  Doesn't seem right that they shouldn't. 

my littlest goes to nursery 3 days a week while I am at work/or having treatment!  He loves it there - is great for learning,  confidence, friendships etc.  I think it also helps them when they start school.  I then try to do fun things etc on my.days with him.  Sometimes depending on circumstances you are entitled to funding for free childcare from 2 years or you may get help with tax credits  (the childcare element)   I don't think she is quite old enough for pre schoold yet as I think that is 3 but even if she went 1 day a week that would give you a break and hopefully give you the energy/time on the other days.  Have a little look round your area, there are big chain nurseries, smaller ones as well as childminders

Daisy Doo
It is what it is.  You can't change it, so just have to get on with it.
No one expects the Spanish Inquisition
Button16
Posted by

Thanx daisydoo. She does 1 day a week at the mo at the local nursery which she loves. I tried getting her im after chemo day but they are fully booked. 

Daisydoo38
Posted by

Maybe speak,with your doc.  I originally had chemo on a Friday.  I explained that that was one of my days at home with LO + it affected my weekend.  She asked what day I'd prefer and they moved it all for me from the next cycle.   I'm sure they will be able to accommodate to make your life better xx

Daisy Doo
It is what it is.  You can't change it, so just have to get on with it.
No one expects the Spanish Inquisition
Gobaith
Posted by

Yes, mine were accommodating too. I had a few clashes and logistical issues with kids and they always accommodated me. Was very grateful. Worth asking. 

Hope you're coping okay with the treatment, I think being sick and having to look after a small child should be classified as torture. No matter how lovely they are and how much you want to be with them, being really unwell is hard around tiny humans. Hoping you have lots of help so you can just enjoy the cuddles. 

Clare