For people living with incurable cancer only
This group is aimed only at people who have had an incurable diagnosis themselves, as we have had feedback that they would like a safe space to share their feelings openly among themselves.
If you have a loved one with incurable cancer, you are very welcome on the Online Community as a whole, but we would ask that you respect the wishes of people with incurable cancer and not post in this particular group. Instead, you will find really good support in the Carers group, the relevant cancer type group and the supporting someone with incurable cancer group.
I didn’t realise you had the same bike, Gobaith! I am so glad you like it too
What is a community champ?
3 good things today
Was telling a friend about this online 'incurables' group and how invaluable it is. She messaged me today and asked if I'd heard from the 'Incredibles'
Met 3 Incredibles for coffee/lunch today. It all came together at the first attempt, what are the chances? Great company, feel so much at home with them.
Saw goslings on the way to the train/bus. Just adorable.
Have agood w.e. xx
The incredibles! I love it!
My three good things.
1. My sister and my best friend came for lunch
2. I found the perfect teapot for my niece in the charity shop. She’s on a mission to save the planet and is ditching tea bags.
3. My friend brought her beads with her and made me a necklace, bracelet and ear rings using red and navy hand made glass beads - perfect to go with the trousers and headscarf I made last week
I am one happy bunny
Sounds like fun, I Think an electric bike may be in my future. ;-)
Three good things today
1) going to buy myself an electric bike
2) Got a lot of paperwork finished and off the table today
3) Had a nice long chat with my daughter.
Beautiful day here
Although I haven’t written lately - been a lot more tired this cycle - I have enjoyed hearing all your ‘goings on’!
1. Managed to drive to B&Q today and bought some plants for my baskets etc. Even put a few in my window box already. Tired me out but will look forward to them flowering all summer.
2. After testing my driving I feel able to drive to hospital tomorrow for CT/MRI/Trial bloods - alternative was/is taxi as hospital changed dates and my children couldn’t arrange days off. So hopefully saving £45 each way!
3. The azaleas and a beautiful haze of dark blue from my ceanothus has brightened up my days recently and my garden is about to burst with roses, peonies, clematis and various other carefully nurtured plants. I love gardening. I think it will be a really lovely month of colour to come. I missed the best last year as I had booked a holiday so this year I am going to just sit here and smile.
Good luck tomorrow with the drive to hospital. Take your time.
My logic would work along the following lines. I've just saved £90 so I deserve a treat. Perhaps a nice new seat for the garden so that you can enjoy watching everything Flower and put on a show in the coming weeks. Or maybe just a nice coffee and cake somewhere on the way home.
just sitting and enjoying the colour is wonderful, SussexOvarian. It’s good to slow down, especially when you have no choice
I have a had a busy weekend and my three good things cone from the two days.
1. My nieces and their partners and various friends came for a Eurovision party. I was well looked after as they sorted the food and clearing up.
2. Today I was too tired to get out but I did enjoy sitting in the warm sunshine playing a dice game with my niece and daughter
3. My daughter’s car broke down - the good thing was that she dealt with the situation herself and didn’t expect me to come to the rescue
Safe payments by:
We're here to provide physical, financial and emotional support. So whatever cancer throws your way, we're right there with you.
© Macmillan Cancer Support
© Macmillan Cancer Support, registered charity in England and Wales (261017), Scotland (SC039907) and the Isle of Man
(604). Also operating in Northern Ireland. A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales company
number 2400969. Isle of Man company number 4694F. Registered office: 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7UQ. VAT no: