Living with incurable cancer - incurable patients only

This group is specifically for people with an incurable or terminal diagnosis. Whether you need to talk about dying, or about making the most of your life, you can discuss your feelings openly here.

Three Good Things

daloni
Posted by

I didn’t realise you had the same bike, ! I am so glad you like it too 

xx

Tinalay
Posted by

3 good things today

Was telling a friend about this online 'incurables' group and how invaluable it is. She messaged me today and asked if I'd heard from the 'Incredibles' 

That's us!

Met 3 Incredibles for coffee/lunch today. It all came together at the first attempt, what are the chances? Great company, feel so much at home with them.

Saw goslings on the way to the train/bus. Just adorable. 

Have agood w.e. xx

Tinalay 
daloni
Posted by

The incredibles! I love it!

My three good things. 

1. My sister and my best friend came for lunch 

2. I found the perfect teapot for my niece in the charity shop. She’s on a mission to save the planet and is ditching tea bags. 

3. My friend brought her beads with her and made me a necklace, bracelet and ear rings using red and navy hand made glass beads - perfect to go with the trousers and headscarf I made last week 

I am one happy bunny 

xx

MCLkid
Posted by

Sounds like fun, I Think an electric bike may be in my future. ;-)

Three good things today

1) going to buy myself an electric bike

2) Got a lot of paperwork finished and off the table today

3) Had a nice long chat with my daughter.

Beautiful day here 

Millie

MCLkid
Educating myself about this disease.
SussexOvarian
Posted by

Hi Everyone

Although I haven’t written lately - been a lot more tired this cycle -  I have enjoyed hearing all your ‘goings on’!

1. Managed to drive to B&Q today and bought some plants for my baskets etc. Even put a few in my window box already. Tired me out but will look forward to them flowering all summer.

2. After testing my driving I feel able to drive to hospital tomorrow for CT/MRI/Trial bloods - alternative was/is taxi as hospital changed dates and my children couldn’t arrange days off. So hopefully saving £45 each way!

3. The azaleas and a beautiful haze of dark blue from my ceanothus has brightened up my days recently and my garden is about to burst with roses, peonies, clematis and various other carefully nurtured plants. I love gardening. I think it will be a really lovely month of colour to come. I missed the best last year as I had booked a holiday so this year I am going to just sit here and smile.

XX

Kircal
Posted by

Hi

Good luck tomorrow with the drive to hospital. Take your time. 

My logic would work along the following lines. I've just saved £90 so I deserve a treat. Perhaps a nice new seat for the garden so that you can enjoy watching everything Flower and put on a show in the coming weeks. Or maybe just a nice coffee and  cake somewhere on the way home. 

Take care

Polly

daloni
Posted by

Hi!

just sitting and enjoying the colour is wonderful, . It’s good to slow down, especially when you have no choice

I have a had a busy weekend and my three good things cone from the two days.

1. My nieces and their partners and various friends came for a Eurovision party. I was well looked after as they sorted the food and clearing up. 

2. Today I was too tired to get out but I did enjoy sitting in the warm sunshine playing a dice game with my niece and daughter

3. My daughter’s car broke down - the good thing was that she dealt with the situation herself and didn’t expect me to come to the rescue 

xx