Living with incurable cancer - incurable patients only

This group is specifically for people with an incurable or terminal diagnosis. Whether you need to talk about dying, or about making the most of your life, you can discuss your feelings openly here.

A little bit of good news for me...

DaisyGB
Posted by

So pleased for you Clare that is such good news.  Gives me hope xx

Wee blonde
Posted by

Clare that really is great news. Sometimes we just can't believe when we get some luck.

Go girl!

WB xx

Wee blonde

Hard working,  bubbly, positive

Tinalay
Posted by

Clare, that is the best news! Congratulations!!! I hope it's sinking in and you can breathe easy for a long time to come and enjoy your children. So happy for you xx

Tinalay 
daloni
Posted by

Oh Clare! I’ve not been online much the last couple of days so I have just read your incredible news. Today is my birthday  and this feels like the best gift to read how well you’ve responded. Long may it last.

Never be afraid to share good news. It’s what we all want to hear - for others and for ourselves. My oncologist has looked into immunotherapy for me - I’m MSI stable so Pembro isn’t likely to work and I’ve got as far as consenting to a trial of a new type of agent twice but fallen at the last hurdle. She reckons we will get there one day. 

Live in hope 

much love 

xxx

JayKay8
Posted by

Happy Birthday !  Hope you have a great day.

JayKay8

flowerlady
Posted by

My goodness! Extraordinary, and gives so much hope. Enjoy feeling good, you deserve it. Every day can bring good news. 

X

Flowerlady x
MissAnabel
Posted by

I can only imagine how this must feel for you. I’m just starting the journey with two kids and I’m the same age as you. You must be absolutely overjoyed at this news! Thanks so much for posting it has given me hope! You sound like you deserve this break enjoy every second (although after what you’ve been through I’m sure I don’t have to tell you that!) congratulations! X

T x
anndanv
Posted by

Hi MissAnabel, I just wanted to say that there are a lot more positive outcomes these days than there has been for many years! Lots of these new treatments work well for quite a long time to either slow down or shrink cancer! Where there's life there's hope! Be assured miracles DO happen! You haven't written any information on your Profile Page, so I don't know what type of cancer you have. Are you on treatment at the moment?

Love Annette x

MissAnabel
Posted by

Ah I must do that! I’ve just been diagnosed with papillary thyroid cancer with follicular variant. Bit scared but hearing lots of positive stories so starting to feel better about it. Thanks for the reassurance I’m trying to stay positive and have been hearing lots of positive stories. I think once the initial shock has gone I am starting to get used to it. X

T x
Gaynor31
Posted by

Hi Miss Annabel

sorry to hear about your diagnosis.  Yes the first few weeks can be very scary and you can’t seem to think of much else, but believe me after a while it gets easier to stay positive (thanks in a good part from reading posts by these wonderful people) and also you can go quite a few hours without thinking cancer.

lots of love to you and don’t &or get w3 are here day and night if you need someone to talk to

Gaynor

xxx

Robyn63
Posted by

Oh Clare that's just wonderful.  Good news.  And time.  So very elated for you.

Long may what works, work!

Love.

Robyn

XxxYY
Posted by

Hi

Thank you for this wonderful news.  I am being considered for lenvatinib with pembolizumab on a clinical trial if that is the side that I get.  You have given me hope.  I have three children and only hope to be here for them, they are my world.  

daloni
Posted by

Hi

that looks a promising combo - weaken the cancer cells and hit them with the immune system. This kind of approach is being used more and more. I’m on a similar combo trialling chemo plus a whizzy new tablet designed to kick start the immune system.

excuse me if I’m wrong but I don’t think I’ve seen you post here before? Welcome - and I hope to get to know you better. I’m a mum too so I know what you mean. If you click on where my name is highlighted you can see my story (as it were) in my profile. Maybe yih could fill in yours too so we can know better how to support you? 

Xx

anndanv
Posted by

XxxYY, A warm welcome! I'm pleased to hear you are being considered for a trial. Lots of these new combos are working well!                 How soon will you find out if you are to start the trial! Please keep us posted!

Clare, has your good news sunk in yet? I think whether it's good or bad news, it does take time to fully sink in! I'm sure you feel as if a weight has been lifted off your shoulders but at the same time you can't quite believe it's true!!

Love Annette x

DW1012
Posted by

Hi Gobaith, sorry to take so long to reply to your answer to me. I don't get all the email notifications at times frustratingly and I've just searched for it. 

The Pembrolizumab sounds great and I have made a note of it for if my treatment stops working. I was told Immunotherapy doesn't work on brain mets so now I can show them yr reply to me and say yes it does! 

My PARP Inhibitor sounds very similar and I just get tired and it causes my Haemoglobin to drop and I get breathless on exertion. I still managed to go on my step machine this morning tho and am back at work for 10 hours a week. 

Fingers crossed our drugs continue to work for us for a long time. 

Best wishes

Jan