Bad day

• 9 replies
  • 21 subscribers

I have incurable cancer, there’s been no treatment as there isn’t any, just palliative which was to relieve pain. So basically just have to wait as it spreads, no fighting Cancer. 
It spread from primary tumour to lungs and now pancreas I learnt about pancreas via a letter to my gp uploaded on my Nhs file.. At the moment it’s slow progress but that could change.

That’s the worst thing. Making plans but not knowing if I will be well enough or still here to go. I am able to get out and about, everyone says ‘but you look so well’ It’s a surreal situation. I have grown up children still including me in future trips. Feel for them more.

Rsnt over.

• Hi Lilly,

It's very difficult, but palliative treatment doesn't necessarily mean that you're not fighting the cancer, some people maintain on palliative treatment for years. What are you having?

I think that the feeling of the group here is that you should make all the plans and book everything possible. If you're not here at the time, then at least you won't have to worry about claiming the refund.

Relaxed

Keep smiling, Lilly.

Stuart x

• Hya

Have only had radiotherapy to relieve pain from tumour, last July. Nothing else, just monitoring via 3 monthly scans and follow up phone call. 

The refund bit did appeal as the bonus as it goes, always a silver lining Wink

Liposarcoma and practicing positive mental attitude 
  • Hey Lily

This is THE place for a rant!!! Get it OUT and then wait for comments as there are many here that have been thru sooo much that I am sure there will be many helpful insights...

Stay Strong

SiT

• Make the plans Lilly, have something to look forwards to. As SiT says, people who understand your situation will put their advice on here. Galilee has summed it all up perfectly. Of course it takes a lot of getting used to but everyone on here has done it, been there and got the T shirt!

You have my Mums name, brought  back some happy memories so thank you so much. Xx.

• Hi Lily, The name of this group is "Living with" not "Dying with" for good reason. We could all just go to bed and wait but who knows how long we'd have to wait, the answer is no one! I really think the best way of fighting cancer is just to get on with living as best we can and making memories and plans with our family! Personally, I would have missed out on a lot if I had a different attitude when I stopped treatment four and a half years ago. Just think of all the time you will have wasted waiting for it to spread and it might not! We all have bad days, it's how you cope with them that counts!

I hope tomorrow is a better day!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Lilly,

I'm on my final cycle of palliative treatment for my incurable cancer, it is daunting being told that there is no cure, and it is horrible having to tell your family. My children are all grown up too, I feel lucky that I have been able to see them becoming independent adults.

As others on here have said, we don't know how far away the end is. I am not just sitting around waiting for it, I'm making plans to see my children and for day trips. I've not made any big plans, but I do have lots of things to look forwards too and I'm aiming to enjoy them as much as I can.

It must have been very shocking to learn about the spread to your pancreas like that, did you manage to speak to a clinician about it?

I hope that you have a better day soon.

Best wishes 

Sarah 

• Hi

thankyou for reply. I did, last year have trips in uk with the children. As you say memories - (and lots of group photos to record it.) And Xmas which was great as one travelled back from Europe at great expense and organisation , to join in. 

It was hard reading of spread to pancreas via some follow up letter after call after scan. They have booked another call which will be 6 weeks this time,  but next scan in 12. So will get to ask those questions during call. 

I have 3 events planned for this year, 2 in august. So far. I take turmeric and vitamin d3 have for months now, drink lots of water. Don’t know if it helps but can’t harm.

I think it’s so hard for everyone on here with lockdowns the most restricting for those who are determined to “live” with cancer - at least pubs are open now and those much missed shops. Grinning

• Your right it is very much live with. I mean a cow might drop on me from sky tomorrow - you just never know what fate has lined up. Thumbsup tone2

• CBD oil has a significant following too - tastes like poo but hey-ho, if it works the so be it.

I wash mine down with a banana which is just about effective in masking the sewage flavour...

I also use a product called Immpower which is the extract of 3 mushrooms proven to be effective in killing some cancer cells (NK or natural killer cells) but you would have to make your own decision & like you say, don't know if it helps but the "hope" factor is high... 

Stay Strong

SiT