Just joined

• 12 replies
  • 8 subscribers

Hi, I’m new to the group, so I just wanted to say hi and is there anyone from west London in the group?

• Hi and welcome to the Online Community. You don't mention what type of cancer you have so to get the most support on these scary journeys I'd advise to look through the list of cancers and join the relevant group. There you'll be able to chat with others on what are described as emotional roller coaster rides.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your journey to date. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep writing the same thing over and over. You can amend or update it at any time. 

To find more information covering diagnosis and treatments there are pages covering most types of cancers which can be found on our Online Information and Support Section

Macmillan Support Services also offer lots of information, support, financial guidance or just someone to listen. It’s free to call 0808 808 0000. Most services are available 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look by Clicking here to see what is available and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs B xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hello lily3 I'm new to the group aswell I'm Nikki just honestly checking out the website iv been struggling and very anxious and overwhelmed plus not really comfortable with sharing things but I'm looking for advice and support I was diagnosed with breast cancer over I think we'll months ago and iv already had surgery but now a few months down the line I have been put forward for radiotherapy plus and a talk with a doctor about chemotherapy I'm feeling stressed and my body's just always aches and I'm always tired and I'm sceard and not prepared for cancer treatment forgot to add I'm not from east London but I'm from Dagenham mayci ask what was your diagnoses what brought you here ?

• Sunflower 21.hello I'm new just joined never used this website before or had a online chat with anyone in a group before I'm from Dagenham

• I live in rainham . So close to Dagenham 

• Hi . Anyone who receives a cancer diagnosis will be anxious and overwhelmed at first so you're not alone there. I would suggest you join our supportive Breast cancer group where you'll be able to discuss your fears and get support from others facing the same situation. Just click on the link I've created and join. Copy your post to introduce yourself and soon others will be along soon to chat.

Hugs, B xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi ok that's nice to meet you I'm very anxious and uncomfortable though about sharing 

• Hi Lily I'm new on this too and so scared with my stomach diagnostic cancer .I am in West London 

• Mario.hello I'm not lily but I want to welcome you to the community group for cancer I'm Nikki I'm still kinda new myself because I only joined at the beginning of the last week and I haven't left meany comments or replays I joined because I know what it's like to have cancer I had breast Cancer but I had surgery to remove it but now I'm waiting on treatment for radiotherapy and a talk with a doctor about chemotherapy I'm Very anxious and uncomfortable plus o have depression and anxiety I like to meet and talk to people who know what I'm going through and I'm a good listener .to add hopefully lily will reply to you soon we are friendly here take care marcio