We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

General cancer discussions

If you’d like to talk about something that isn’t covered in our other groups, come here to start a discussion or to see other conversations. Other people may be hoping to talk about the same thing.

Surviving Oesophageal Cancer

crystalclear
Posted by

Sunny, one of the hoglets. 

crystalclear
Posted by

Today marks 12 years since I had the Ivor Lewis sugery, so i post here each year just to record the occasion. In doing that I look back and remember old friends and fellow bravehearts who posted here with their stories.

Nowadays I'm trying to keep fit by bike riding, gardening and walking, whilst also continuing my painting.

We still enjoy going to rock concerts, dressing up for Steampunk events and 1940s re-enactments, both of which are annual events around these parts. My Bucket List is getting longer also with new interests.

Healthwise I'm not bad, a bit overweight, a touch achy but always counting my blessings.

For those looking in who are on their own healing journey, just try to keep your mind and body active, create goals for yourself and just keep on going.

Healing Thoughts to All.

Crystal x

crystalclear
Posted by

It’s 13 years ago today when I had surgery for cancer of the oesophagus. As usual, each year, I like to mark progress here on my blog that I began all those years ago, as well as saying Hi to anyone who was around back then.

I’m doing well, but who could have imagined the Corvid 19 virus, the subsequent lockdown and how disruptive it’s been to everyone, and in particular to cancer patients and their treatment. I hope you all get the treatment you need with good outcomes.

My Bucket List gets longer instead of shorter as I keep adding new interests and hobbies. I still paint , but have taken up many other things as well, some of which I’m useless at, such as crochet. 

To anyone reading this I wish you all the very best in your journey. Stay focussed, be strong and make little steps.

To the NHS I have much to thank you for, you gave me the best of care and I’m eternally grateful to those doctors and nurses.

Love and light

Crystal xx