General cancer discussions

If you’d like to talk about something that isn’t covered in our other groups, come here to start a discussion or to see other conversations. Other people may be hoping to talk about the same thing.

Are friends and family ever enough?

moomy
Posted by

Friday, folks, I'm late to add my tune to 'dance the c**p out of cancer' today, but it would have been 'The Christmas Song' as there's something veery special about 'chestnuts roasting by an open fire'.......

I'm going to need to post my tune a day early for a while, as the Bletchley Park Bombe needs running on Fridays and hubs and I are the only ones free to do that at present......hey ho! 

Enjoy your weekend, folks 

Moomy

moomy
Posted by
Well all changed this week, I'm north, just getting ready to leave daughter to the care of boyfriend ( who is able to work from her place) after her few days in hospital again, with the bad risk of pneumonia, with such prompt and wonderful care they avoided that and I was able to drive her home yesterday evening. I'm now going to be going back home myself by train this afternoon, so will be thinking of dancing rather than jigging on the train! My tune today to 'dance the cr*p out of cancer' will be one from her CD, the title tune, 'Smile' as I'm thankful she is getting better again..... Enjoy your weekend, folk!

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

I'm choosing the same song again, the title track from daughter's CD 'Smile' a day early because tomorrow will be very busy! 

Another tune, because it is almost upon us, 'White Christmas' 

Have the very best Christmas you can, everyone xxx

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

Here we are in February, I have not forgotten Andrew or the fun we had in describing music we loved and the gentle disagreements too, both expressed and not told either! 

I think of Andrew each time I look at my list of posts, and also of Anne his sister, and hope that all is as well as possible for her, and that Andrew is dancing and partying in heaven. 

love and hugs to all who read this thread, I am enjoying Howard Goodall's TV programme exploring the history of music (how on earth can this be done in three programmes???)

Moomy

moomy
Posted by
It isn't Friday, but I felt I needed to think of Andrew , Anne and many of the friends who posted on here, some have sadly gone, some have left and a few still post but in other forums than this site, so sadly it seems this probably needs to close. In the meantime, dear Andrew, sing and dance away in heaven.........hugs to all both here and elsewhere xxx

Moomy

Christine1
Posted by

Hi Helen, remember me?

I hope you and your lovely talented daughter are keeping well.  Oh No! we can't shut this site down because, as you mentioned, this is, and always will be, a place that was very special to Andrew, as well as his friends and family, and a place that I can come to remember him, pay my respects and give thanks for the time we had together on this site.  I cant even begin the describe how much it meant to me and how much his strength of character helped me in some very dark times.

I know I don't post very often these days, but like you, there are times when Andrew comes to mind, as do all the friends of this site.   It would have been my mothers birthday today so I was feeling rather down and missing her very much.  Unable to sleep and wanting to unburden my troubles my thoughts turned to this site and I also remembered that it is very nearly the anniversary of when Andrew had to leave us; still seems like only yesterday.

Anyway, I was cheered to see your post and know that you are still around and thinking of our dear friend.

I am sometimes working on Friday afternoons and unable to do the 'Dance and C**p out of C' but when I don't have a customer, i am going to try to remember to post my tune, turn the Ipod up and gallop around my kitchen to it at 3pm.......might even do a bit of Status Quo this Friday while giving thanks to Andrew. 

Anybody wanting to join me to either give thanks for someone special to them or someone with their own battle, you are more than welcome to join in by just posting your choice of tune at 3pm every Friday.

Lots of love and good wishes.

Christine.

moomy
Posted by

Hello Christine! 

Great to hear from you! Yes, we are both (all, hubby and our son too) doing well at long last, thank you. 

I often think of Andrew (jig around quite often on Fridays) and the chats we had on site about music, he was even thinking of getting some folk together and coming to the concert I sang in with the Halle choir, bless him! It was a very moving concert, and we all left the Bridgewater Hall on a real 'high' I remember, it was good to be in the following couple of days to record onto CD, it allowed us to come down from the roof....That was in a spell when daughter wasn't having much treatment, she had a month working in Spain and I stayed in her house while singing in those final rehearsals. I know I was the 'odd one out' as I love mostly classical music....

I too have had dark times when the memories of our dear friend have helped me through, Andrew knew his prognosis was so poor yet kept up his spirits and I think helped many by doing so on this thread. 

Love to you, and a big hug xxx

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

It's Friday, (yes I know it's later than 3pm but hope you will forgive me, Andrew) and so a good idea to post a tune that you've been singing or dancing to....for the 'Dance the Cr*p out of Cancer' day....

Mine today was 'I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date' from Disney's 'Alice in Wonderland' since I seem to have been chasing my tail all day (it's almost 6pm and I've only just sat down - and I'm retired!!!) 

hugs to all xxx

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

Today's tune (been in my head much of the day, an 'earworm'!) a lovely choral arrangement of 'In Flanders Fields' by Liz Lane. 

Just so happens she will be coming to the forthcoming concert too (argh!) 

Do post your tunes, sorry mine is late

Hugs xxx

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

I'm in time to post my tune! Dance the c***p out of cancer at 3pm..........

this week it has to be the F1 signature tune, will try to post the link, but it's the final race on Sunday, will it be Lewis' race? Hope so, he has matured greatly

hugs and happy dancing, all xxx

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

Here it is, hope I've copied it right....

www.youtube.com/watch?UPIVwESkJU

but in any case if googled, it sends you to the right tune! 

Moomy

Dreamthief
Posted by

This ones for you Moomy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N96Txke109A

G n' J

moomy
Posted by

Thanks, George, hope you will at least tap your foot in time to it, for Andrew's sake? 

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

This week it has to be the first Christmas Carol in every 9 lessons and carols services, 

'Once in Royal David's City' 

sorry it's late, 

hugs to all xxx

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

No tune, just a 'pop in' to say, thinking of you all, especially Andrew

Hugs xxxx

Moomy