General cancer discussions

If you’d like to talk about something that isn’t covered in our other groups, come here to start a discussion or to see other conversations. Other people may be hoping to talk about the same thing.

Are friends and family ever enough?

curly sue
Posted by

Hi, I've never posted on here before, but my song for today and for a long time afterwards is 'Won't back down' by Tom Petty to Support my wife Susan ( Curly Sue ) who is fighting brain cancer ( GBM 1V ).

Love and best wishes to all fighting their own battles, Andy

anneeh
Posted by

Late again! My song for today is 'Madness' by Muse. Sums up today pretty well!

Best wishes to Andy and Susan.

Love to all, Anne.x

anneeh
Posted by

An early sort of late today. My song will be 'Tiger Feet' Mud. Loved it once.

Have a lovely weekend all.

love, Anne.x

moomy
Posted by

Oopps, sorry folk, late again, my song for yesterday had to be 'Autumn Leaves' again, since the colours look magnificent, but maybe I'll add 'Baby it's cold outside' too, cos it is! 

Enjoy your weekend, folks

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

It's Friday, and time to post your song to 'dance the c**p out of cancer' and dance or move about at 3pm.

My song today, some thinking here......

This was one my Dad simply loved.....www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ix2M85aV9Y

Moomy

anneeh
Posted by

Good afternoon all,

My song for today is going to be 'America' by Simon & Garfunkel.

Have a lovely weekend all, love, Anne.x

moomy
Posted by

It's Friday again, folks, time to post your tune to dance the c**p out of cancer to, at 3pm.....

Anne, I'm going to pinch an idea from your last weeks tune, and make it 'America' from West Side Story........

Enjoy the weekend, everyone

Moomy

anneeh
Posted by

Ooh! Love West Side Story. Think I'll have 'One Hand, One Heart', (or the other way round), for my song choice this week.

By the way, Moomy, you have realised you were a day early! Personally speaking, I've been wishing for Friday since Monday!

Have a lovely weekend all,

love, Anne.x

moomy
Posted by

Haha, I know, but actually my week has been totally mixed up, I've been code-breaking today, it has felt like Saturday as I'm normally only at Bletchley Park weekends and Tuesdays, this is an extra busy long weekend (today through to Monday!) as we have been challenged by GCHQ to break their Enigma messages again! 

However, I did dance even though it was a day early......

Enjoy your weekend all! 

xxx

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

Ok, so my tune to 'dance the c**p out of cancer' today is another show tune, this time a little more gentle , from The Sound of Music' it's 'Climb every Mountain' as i think its a brilliant tune, full of meaning, hard to sing too, as it goes from very low to very high!

Have a good weekend, everyone!

Moomy

anneeh
Posted by

Strange time to post, but oddly wakeful, unusually for me. Maybe forgetting it was Friday is preying on my mind.

Anyway, my song this week is 'Days of pearly Spencer' Marc Almond's version.

Have a lovely weekend all.

love, Anne.x

moomy
Posted by
Hello Friday, just woken up....... My tune today will be Seal's 'Secrets' which I saw live on Tuesday this week, at Hammersmith's Apollo theatre as our daughter began another tour with him! Have a good weekend, everyone! x

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

It's Friday again, time to post a tune to 'dance the c**p out of cancer' to, at 3pm. 

My tune today is 'Happy birthday to ya' for our daughter tomorrow (this is her proper birthday, not her new birthday, the one where she had the donor bone marrow stem cells from a German man, that is on September 21st) And it just also happened to be our son's birthday yesterday, too! 

Enjoy your weekend, everyone! 

Moomy

moomy
Posted by
Oh dear, late.........very late! But I had been busy....... My tune would have been 'stormy weather'! cos it really has been, and still is........hope you are not suffering from floods etc, folks, and hope it all eases this week coming, though the forecast doesn't look too great......xxx

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

It's Friday, and time to post a tune to dance to, 3pm, 'dance the c**p out of cancer' 

My tune today 'Let it Snow, let it Snow, let it Snow', daughter has already seen some, this morning she's in the Czech Republic, and it's very frosty here today.......well, you never know......(hope it doesn't really) 

Enjoy your weekend, folks

Moomy